Chapter Seven: Henderson

Eddie and Steve lay flat on the bed panting, running their hands through their sweaty hair and smiling as they closed their eyes, thinking about what just happened.

Eddie wasn't used to being a bottom but considering it was Steve's first time with a man, he let him top so he would feel more comfortable. Eddie had to admit he was not at all disappointed though, rumors about Steve's "talent" had definitely proven to be fact over fiction. Now it was just a matter of finding out if Steve really had changed and wasn't going to go run his mouth.

Steve's face was still red and his brain was going a hundred miles an hour. He had never felt happier in that experience than he had been just now, the women he had been with had nothing on Eddie. For a moment he wondered what it would've been like to be in Eddie's position though, and he found himself asking,

"Did it hurt?"

Eddie was still taking deep breaths, "what?"

"You know when I.." Steve gestured to all of Eddie, "did it hurt you?"

Eddie giggled, "I mean yeah at first it stings a little but like in a good way? If that makes sense"

Steve nodded, "yeah I guess, was it alright?"

Eddie smiled at Steve's curiosity and unsureness, he placed a hand on Steve's arm, "it was more than alright" Eddie went to move his hand away but Steve held onto it and then started laughing to himself.

"Hey freak what are you laughing at?" Eddie asked ironically,

"Sorry I was giggling to myself, not only do I like men, but I like you?"

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"No nothing bad, I just never expected it to be you"

"Why not? What's wrong with it being me?" Eddie could feel himself retracting back and moving his hand away from Steve's. He was either over reacting or had just made a massive mistake.

"Eddie it's not wrong, I didn't mean it was a bad thing, I meant on the outside our personalities seem so different but in reality we actually get along really well, like even before all of this"

Eddie slowly relaxed back onto the bed and felt Steve reach his hand out again, Eddie looked around the room and thought about the comparison to Steve's bedroom decor, "I suppose you're right".

"Eddie, I was a dick at the start of high school...through a lot of high school actually but I'm not that guy anymore I promise and I want this to work"

"I'm not an easy person Harrington, there are a lot of flaws and quirks you'll have to deal with"

"Surprisingly I'm not an easy person either, you've seen me, I've got a whole non- biological family to feed and look after"

Eddie smiled, "why are you so close to the kids?"

Steve paused and tried to think of something, "all our families went through a lot together, one day I found myself babysitting Mike and Will so that Nancy and Jonathan could go out, the next thing I know I've adopted like 7 kids" Steve flayed his hands in the air in confusion.

Eddie laughed and looked back at the roof, "yeah they're little shrimps, especially Dustin, but for some reason I care about them"

"Glad I'm not a single parent"

Eddie turned to Steve, "so what do you want to call this? Are we casual, seeing each other..boyfriends?"

"I'd like it if you were my boyfriend"

"I think I'd like that too"

"Great"

"Cool"

They continued to lie on the bed, not doing anything just holding hands and lounging on the mattress. Both thinking about what this meant for them in the future, how were they going to act at school? Around their different friends?.