6-Halen

Halen's POV:

The sun was setting and it was time for us to head to the interview, before leaving, we had discovered that four tributes were killed in the arena and that one had escaped. I had the rose that Coriolanus gave me when we met in my hand. "What happened after the explosion went off? Where were you? I looked for you," Kanan questioned.

"Coriolanus was stuck under debris, I had to help him-"

Kanan shook his head already knowing where this was going, "And you should have left him there! Is that why you have that stupid rose with you?!"

I ignored the second part of what he said, "I wasn't just going to let him stay trapped-"

"He wouldn't have helped you,"

"Why does everyone keep telling me that?! I don't believe that for a second, he would have helped me, he's a good man. I'm sorry, would you have rather me ran for the exit and gotten shot dead? Because that's what it sounds like, Kanan!"

He shook his head, anger was taking over and he turned his back to me. Reaper held a similar expression on his face, but Dill didn't. She smiled, and grabbed my hand, "I think it's very sweet that you saved him,"

I returned her smile but it faded, "I hope I saved him,"

"You're not certain?"

"The debris landed on his back, I worry that his spine isn't alright,"

"Who cares?" Kanan hissed.

"Was I talking to you?!" I sassed.

He rolled his eyes and I turned back to Dill, "I'm sure he'll be fine,"

The vehicle stopped and we got out, "Let's go," The peacekeepers spoke. I got out of the transport and talked with Dill until it was her turn to go.

"And now for our final tribute." That was my cue from Lucky so I walked out onto that stage, smiled, and tried to put on my best act. "I first met this young lady in the zoo not too long ago." Surely enough there was a guitar waiting for me on that stage as well, "From District 12, Halen Storm, come over here songbird," I walked over to where he was standing and flashed my fakest smile.

I picked up the guitar and walked up to the microphone, "Good evening capital, districts," There were so many people and it made me really uneasy, but I was going to sing, for Coryo. "I wrote this song about a boy back in 12 and I hope he hears it." I shut my eyes and composed myself. "When I was a babe I fell down in the holler. When I was a girl I fell into your arms, we fell on hard times and we lost our bright color. You went to the dogs and I lived by my charms." I paused and composed myself as I felt my emotions boiling. It wasn't sadness anymore, it was pure rage because of what Ivar had done to me. "It's sooner than later that I'm six feet under, it's sooner than later that you'll be alone. So who will you turn to tomorrow, I wonder, for when the bell rings, lover, you're on your own? For when the bell rings, lover, you're on your own. I am the one who you let see you weeping. I know the soul that you struggle to save, too bad I'm the bet that you lost in the reaping. Now what will you do when I go to my grave?"

I was taken out of my mindset when Lucky was heard, "Ding ding ding ding ding! Look at that, record high for the evening, the capital is definitely watching! People are sending in donations, you see what happens when you do stuff?" I wasn't bothered by his words, the applause that I was receiving was so kind and true. I smiled as I looked around, "Now, I don't love your odds, but may they be in your favor. Ms. Halen Storm from District 12. How wonderful is it tonight that we all get to be here for someone's final performance? Ms. Halen Storm, thank you," My smile dropped but I plastered a fake one on my face again, well he didn't have to put it like that.