CHAPTER IX

The announcer went his way to the platform and whispered to Captain William that there are two examinees who wish to try the challenge to battle magic knights. William smiled upon hearing this and eventually agreed to it. 

"Are these two applicants for the challenge both ladies?", He asked the announcer, the other captains turned their heads to William when they heard him, then followed their conversation.

"Yes Captain, the two applicants for the challenge are both ladies. They say that they accept any magic knight's position.", The announcer exclaimed as he bowed.

"I see, very well then. We'll let you know who will be the ones they'll be fighting with. Since there are only two of them, we need two magic knight's for this challenge." William said to the announcer and the announcer saluted at him then walked back to the two applicants.

"I heard that there are two young ladies who will be doing the challenge." Feugoleon said.

"Yes, and they accept any position of the magic knights." Exclaimed William.

"They better not waste my time.", Nozel Silva said in his breath as he sighed.

"These two have guts, they better be worth slicing up!" Jack the Ripper spoke with vigor as he licked his lips.

"Yeah, they do have guts." Yami agreed to Jack then puffed his smoke. He has this idea in his head about who these two ladies are.

"Is he interested?" Charlotte Roselei thought to herself.

The announcer went to the two applicants who will be up for the challenge and told them to wait from the sidelines.

"The magic knights whom you'll be fighting with are unknown, only the captains know and they'll tell you who it was after the other examinees are finished." The announcer said to both Y/n and Gezel.

"That's okay and thank you, I can wait for them to finish." Y/n smilingly stated to the announcer, he blushed at her.

"Hmp! I just can't wait to see your defeated face." Gezel said to Y/n, emitting a repulsive tone.

"You can continue on your job now." Y/n said to the announcer.

"Oh, right, then good luck you two!",

"Thank you!", beamed  Y/n.

"Tsk, are you just here to make friends?",

"It won't hurt to be friendly, you know." Y/n answered.

"Hmp!" the noble turned her head to the other side and crossed her arms.

"Why are you like that Gezel?", Y/n asked Gezel which caught her off guard.

"What do you mean?" she glared at her, it's clear in her face that she's annoyed at her sudden question.

"Well you know, why do you hate commoners that much? When you live with commoners all around you?", Questioned Y/n, putting her index finger at her chin looking up to look for ideas.

"Isn't it obvious? Because commoners are lowly peasants. They do not reach the standards of us nobles and royals.", Gezel answered to Y/n with a "isn't it obvious?" face.

"......", Y/n looked at her with a blank looking face.

"What?" asked Gezel.

"Is that...really...the only reason? Why do you really HATE commoners and me?" she asked with a perplexed face.

"I told you already didn't I? Because you cannot reach my standard, my positions and my property. And you guys are worthless and like, you keep the kingdom unbalanced." exclaimed Gezel.