0 0 8. l a l a

•••••

•••••

KARI

We rushed back to Nameless Street.

Upon waiting for the doctor to come, I finally knew the man's name, Hiroto, and Smoky's sister's name, Lala.

I was standing near the door when the doctor came, putting a rolled up pack toward his chest, he grabbed it putting it away. Nodding my way, he began to work on Smoky who was trembling and groaning; tightly gripping the headboard.

"Hey, is he a real doctor?"

"Don't worry. He's good." Hiroto answered. "Although he's an alkie."

I don't hear what the doctor responds because I walk out, a couple of feet away I crouch down and bring my hands to my face.

This is horrible and Ryu caused this...

I stifled a cry trying to contain the growing knot in my throat.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breat—

"Are you alright?"

I bring my hands away from my face as I glance up.

Hiroto stands beside me taking a sip from the flask before bringing it down to my level.

I shake my head and stand. "Thanks for that back there." I recall the events.

He nods. "What's your name?"

"Her name is Kari," Lala responds for me. "She brought us food and supplies." She warmly smiles at me. "Thank you."

Hiroto again nods and begins to walk away.

"Hey!"

His hand goes inside his pocket before taking out a pack of money. "Give this to that man."

"That's not necessary," I speak, "I did that the moment he walked in..."

He gives me a small smile still holding the rolled up bills toward her.

"At this rate," he grips her hand and places it down. "he'll die."

I look at the ground.

"I know, I've told him over and over. But... he values family more than his life."

Hiroto smiles, turning his head to the side. "What a troublesome brother."

I let out a sigh.

"We're not related though." A single tear falls down her cheek, "We were just abandoned the same day."