0 1 6. a f t e r

••••••

••••••

2 months after.

I smiled down at the card in my hand, taking out my wallet from my bag I spread it apart. Placing the card in the little transparent sleeve.

ring, ring, ring

"Jesse?" I say as I read the screen, pressing answer I place the phone next to my ear, "What's up?"

"Turn around."

I comply turning to my right.

"No, the other side."

I turn to the opposite direction.

"No, the other-"

"Jesse!" I look behind me as I hear him laugh, leaning against a sports car. "What are you doing here?" I press end on the call.

"Well...what do you think?" He saunters forward, turning his head slightly back.

"Nice ride..?"

He scowls at my reaction, "I haven't seen you in a while and that's all you're gonna say?"

"My brother, my best friend, you look amazing...your car is so cool." I show him my best smile before I hug him. "Was that better?"

He nods and ruffles my hair.

"Anyway get in. I have to show you something."

All humor left his face, my smile fading away. "Did something happen?" I scan his figure, no physical injuries.

"Don't worry, just come, yeah?"

I nod and get in the car, his figure moving to the driver side, the engine revving as he drove off.

The more speed the car had, the more I realized that we were headed in the direction of some wealthy neighborhoods. I could tell he realized my amazement when he chuckled and continued to sped off.

"Ya! You're drooling."

"No, I'm not!" Unconsciously, I wiped around my mouth. "What are we doing here anyway?"

The car stopped at an entrance, the house —no, mansion— was beyond anything I had seen before, the garden was beautiful and the driveway was full of luxurious cars.

I didn't notice when Jesse got out, but he was standing in front of the passenger side with the door wide open, guiding me out. "We live here."

I stood, turning to look at him. "Mighty Warriors?"

He nodded as he turned his attention to me then back to the house, headed toward the door. "Come on."

I followed behind him. My eyes glancing everywhere as we entered, I stopped upon seeing them in front, lounging around the expensive-looking couches.