0 1 9. f r i e n d s

••••••

••••••

"Kari, how you been?"

My eyebrows knitted as I turned to look around and scan the top of the stairs. Stopping right at the corner of the staircase I found the owner of the voice.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I smile, pointing to his face. "You're smart...I don't think I should ask if you've gone to the doctor, right?"

Dismissing my questions Todoroki continued, "I heard the new kid asked about it," he paused. "and that you didn't say anything."

I smiled knowingly at the two guys standing a step behind him, giving me small smiles back. "You heard, huh?" I shake my head, "It isn't my business to tell, but I don't think they'd like that." I slightly turned my head to make sure no body else was listening. "If they were to know you fought him again."

There it was again, that unreadable expression on his face.

"But like I said, it's none of my business." I sighed. "Just take better care of yourself...there's more out there than this." I point at his eyepatch and continue walking down the stairs.

Upon feeling them follow down. My eyes widen as I recognize the group coming toward us.

The tension rapidly spread as Fujio and the others approached.

I stopped at the bottom, the trio sauntering forward, both factions in my field of vision now.

"Fujio, that's-" Tsukasa starts but is interrupted by the said man.

"Are you Doroki?" He spoke with confidence, I wouldn't say he was cocky in an impudent way but it was a bold move to call him by that nickname.

At this, the trio stopped and Fujio in a relaxed manner walked closer to them, Tsukasa and a scared Jamuo trailing behind him.

"Once your eye is better, I've got first dibs on you." In a taunting manner, Fujio slightly crouched over to get a better view of Todoroki's face. "Looking forward to it."

"You want to be the top dog here?" Todoroki calmly queried.

"You'd better believe-"

Not a second later, without even blinking Todoroki's right leg came up in an impressive kick.

"Fuck." I whispered at the sound of impact. A smile graced my lips as Fujio didn't tumble over, only then did I see his hands up, blocking the kick. But by the wince on the shorter man's face, it was still one hell of a kick.

"I said I would wait until you're better." Fujio gritted his teeth.

"Okay..." I walked forward. "Let's all just take a minute, yeah?" I nervously looked at both at them.