0 1 5. c r i m i n a l

Ghost readers  ——> 🚪

•••••

•••••

KARI

"Kari, sit down!" Naomi yelled behind the bar, loosely dropping the vegetables on the smooth surface.

"Yea, sit!" Nikka nodded, slightly pointing to one of the opened chairs, agreeing with the older girl.

"I can't! I'm worried." I bite down on my nails.

"Stop."

I halt turning around.

"You told him you'd stay."

I drop my fingers down, lightly rubbing the opened wounds, taking a deep breath in I plop down on the bar stool. "I didn't know it would take this long for them to come back."

"Come and help, it'll ease your mind for a bit." Naomi points at the unwashed vegetables.

I reluctantly nod my head, standing I meet her on the other side, grabbing an apron and turning to the sink; washing my hands, "Pass them, yeah?" Putting on some gloves I begin to move things around.

I feel her settle beside me, nudging me with her shoulder, "You and Cobra, eh?" She drops them on the sink.

I feel myself blush, "Ya! Don't!"

She laughs.

"You and Yamato, eh?"

She stops, turning to fully face me, "What?" Her eyes narrowed.

"You didn't think we wouldn't notice..." I smirked at her, turning to look at Nikka, "It was almost painful to see you both have no clue." The girl laughed agreeing with me.

Grabbing a wet carrot Naomi swiftly moves it back, swinging it forward and wetting me in the process. "What do you mean have no clue?!"

"Have no clue how much you actually like each other." I press putting the freshly rinsed vegetables down on the cutting board. Dodging her hand I pranced toward the paper towels, grabbing two and going back to pat the vegetables dry.

"What about you and Cobra." She moves toward me, gripping the peeler tight. "Every time Murayama got mentioned, it was concerning how his eyes would bulge out."

"Murayama? What does he have to do with this?"

"Kari, don't tell me you didn't notice..." She stared at me with her mouth open. "The day the girls said you were dating him, I heard Cobra, and the guys talking." She chuckled, "Yamato started saying "everything" Cobra was better at and why he was better."