7. discovering

dakota pov
"oh, it is, in fact, working. we tried to check it and it works! would you like it?"
"yes, yes please!" i reply frantically,
"alrighty, here ya go!" the worker says nicely.
"thank you so much!! you don't know how much this means!!"
"no problem!" the worker replies. we run back into matts car with the camera. we hop in the back and matt asks, "DID YALL GET IT?"
"uhhh.. YES, WE DIDD!" i exclaimed. i hold chris's hand and lay my head on his shoulder. i feel something lay on my head, it was chris's head. i felt loved. we get to the hospital again and chris and i lay on my bed and drift to sleep.

*timeskip*
we wake up

its 4:47pm and i just woke up. i lay there with chris still sleeping and watch the tv. someone walks in, its nick, "hi nicky," i say in a hushed tone, "what do you need?"
"the doctors said you can come home! and you mom said that if you want to, you can stay at ours!"
"of course i do!" i say excitedly. i may have spoke to loud because after i said that chris woke up. i stare at him sweetly as he begins to realize where he is, "hi baby, did you sleep well?" i ask as he wakes up.
"yes i did, did you sleep well?" he replies tiredly.
"mhm! i had the best dream."
"oh really, what was it?"
"i got to go home and my mom said it was okay if i want to stay at yours for a few days!"
"that's an amazing dream, seems very specific, but still amazing!"
"what if i told you that the dream was specific because it wasn't a dream?"
"it'd be awesome if it wasn't a dream!! ...wait.. WAS IT NOT A DREAM??"
"no baby, nick just came in here and told me."
"WAIT REALLY??"
"yes."
"YAYYY!!" chris says excitedly. i smile at him, adoring him. he smiles back and my heart skips a beat. god i love him so much. i don't know how i ever forgot him.

*timeskip*
dakota is packing up

"ugh i can't wait to finally be in a real house again."
"me neither, and you'll get to go back to school!!"
"OH MY GOSH, I JUST REMEMBERED WE NEED TO CHECK THE CAMERA FOOTAGE!"
"OH WE DO!" we jump up and grab the camera off the dresser. we rewatch the footage and see the driver of the other car. IT WAS MADI! I WAS RIGHT! i was about to speak when someone walked in. it was the doctor, "ms. freeman, you can leave whenever you're ready."
"ok dr. shepherd! thank you!" i pause for a bit, "oh my gosh, I WAS RIGHT!"
"i- i don't know what to say. i never knew she was that determined to date me that she'd attempt to kill you."
"im pressing charges and taking her to court."
"babe, shes already going to court."
"wait, why?"
"she broke into our house while i was there and tried stealing a bunch of my shit"
"woah, shes a fucking psycho, who knew?"

*timeskip*
dakota is released
i walk out of my hospital room and see a hallway full of doctors, all looking at me. they're doing it in honor of me? ( a/n i know they only do this for heart donors and stuff, but it's just something extra i wanted to add ) i look back at chris and he smiles. i feel my face get red because of all the eyes on me. i walk down the hallway and out the door. finally.. freedom.

__________________________________
i honestly didnt really know what to do for this one lmao

(624 words)