6. healing

*tw sh and angst*
dakota pov
chris. i love you. as memories start flooding back, i jump up and grab the thing that has my fluids and shit and rolled it to the outside of my room, i didn't care how injured i was. i just need chris. christopher owen st- wait what's his last name? i forgot everything. i remembered his middle name though. i ran to a doctor and asked where everyone was, "you're not supposed to be up."
"i don't care, i need to find someone."
"but i thought you lost your memory?"
"just shut up and tell me please." i said, pleading tearfully.
"okay they're in the lobby, there should be signs pointing towards it."
i find the signs and run while following them,
"GUYS!"
"kota?" they all say in confusion. i try to find chris, but he's nowhere to be seen. i get scared and blurt out,
"WHERE'S CHRIS? I-I really need him.."
"in the parking garage, over there." nick points me. wait. I REMEMBERED NICKS NAME.
"NICK! I REMEMBERED YOUR NAME. I REMEMBER ALL OF YOUR GUYS' NAMES, KAITY, KADIE, MATT, MOM."
they all look suprised, but as soon as anyone could say anything, i run toward the parking garage. when i open the door, i immediatly spot chris,
"CHRIS!"
"KOTA?"
i run and hug him and he picks me up. his eyes tearful, his heart pounding out of his chest.. hes my loverboy. (A/N OKAY THE LOVERBOY PART JUST SEEMED LIKE SOMETHTING FUNNY TO DO TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD JUST IGNORE IT LMAO) *cont.* his heart pounding out of his chest.
"you remember me?"
"slightly, my memories are slowly coming back!"
"REALLY?"
"YES!" we stay in the hug for a couple minutes, enjoying eachothers company. we finally go back into the lobby. sam and my dad are there.
"SAMMY, DADDY!" i yell, running right at them. i jump onto my dad, tears in my eyes, relieved that he's here. sam says something,
"kota, i thought you lost your memory?"
"it's starting to come back, as soon as i see someone i know, i just remember their name, but not memories i have with or of them yet."
"oh my gosh, thats amazing!"
"wait, what?!" someone says behind us, i get off my dad and check who it is.
"madi? is that your name?"
"oh uh, yeah! i'm your, uh, bestfriend!"
"no you're not," chris says, defending me, "kadie's her bestfriend. and i know what you're doing, madi. you're trying to mess with her head, but as long as i'm here, i won't let you do anything to her."
"oh, but, thats a little to late for that. whatever though, toodles!" she said in a mocking tone. i go back to my room and completely black out.

chris pov
i go to kota's room and sit with her. when suddenly her heart rate monitor flat-lines.
"HELP! SOMEONE! A NURSE OR DOCTOR!" i yell while pressing the button for a nurse,
"HER HEART STOPPED! HELP!" i frantically yell, nurses and doctors rush in and push me out.
"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. ITS ALL MY FAULT." i say running to the parking garage and into matts car, i text matt.

chris - hey matt im going to drive home, i cant take this shit right now.
mattyb poo bear😻 - oh? what happened?
chris - kota's heart stopped.
mattyb poo bear😻 - WHAT!? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!
read 10:37pm

i put my phone on silent and drive home. nobody's home. mom and dad went to visit kota and everyone else is there too. with all these horrible thoughts racing to my head, i grab a small knife from the kitchen and go to the bathroom.
(A/N i think you know what hes gonna do so i wont say it)
i washed the bl**d off my wrists with water and handsoap and walk out of the bathroom, as calm as possibly. fuck, fuck, FUCK. IT'S ALL MY FAULT. i hear the front door open and panic.
"helloo? anyone here? oh who am i kidding? they're all visiting dakota. that fucking pick me that stole my chris."
i hide under some blankets on the couch. it was madi, she broke into our house. i swear i had locked the door and she broke in. i see her sneak into my room and take stuff, while she's in there i grab a bat, just in case she tries anything, and i go to my room and yell, "MADI WHAT THE FUCK!?"
"OH UM CHRISSY!"
"DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT YOU FUCKING PSYCHO! PUT MY FUCKING STUFF DOWN AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!"
"BUT BABY-"
"DO NOT FUCKING CALL ME THAT SHIT. I'M NOT YOUR BABY AND WILL NEVER BE YOUR BABY. KOTA IS THE ONLY ONE I LOVE."
she runs out crying. what the fuck. she's a fucking psycho. i call the police and report a break and entery. they show up and ask what happened. i told the the whole thing, besides the sh, and they immediatly contacted her parents. she was arrested.

*timeskip*
two weeks later
kota woke up a few weeks ago and madi is going to court soon. her memories began flooding back. and so did her health

dakota pov
I REMEMBERED WHO HIT US. IT WASN'T SOME DRUNK PERSON.
"IT WAS MADI!" i exclaimed, everyone looked up in confusion.
"what was madi, baby?"
"SHE WAS THE ONE THAT HIT US. I REMEMBER BEFORE WE GOT HIT, AND AFTER MY EYES ADJUSTED TO THE LIGHT, I SAW MADI IN THE DRIVER SEAT! SHE WAS TRYING TO KILL ME OR HURT ME TO GET YOU!"
"wait. WE HAVE A CAMERA IN THE FRONT OF THE CAR, WE COULD USE IT TO FIND OUT IF IT WAS MADI, HOPEFULLY IT ISN'T BROKEN." chris brings me to matts car and we drive to the car repair shop. chris helps me get out, "EXCUSE ME! WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CAR REGISTERED UNDER THE NAME MATTHEW STURNIOLO!" he yells out into the body shop.
"OH YES, I'VE GOT IT HERE!" a person yelled back.
"oh thank god, let's go!" chris says, relieved. we jog to the person.
"what did you need?" the worker asks us.
"we were coming to ask if the camera that was on the dashboard still worked. does it?" chris asked desperatly.

__________________________________
thats a lot of words and angst in one part ✋😭

(1073 words)