Bruises | 1/2

YOUNGEST TWINS ~ 13 years old

****

Jungkook had got a two weeks long holiday. His left forearm was wrapped neatly in a cast but he was glad that it had gotten better. The boy was injured at a recent soccer match with their rivals. He didn't blame the match for giving him an injury. Instead, he blamed himself for being the reason for their team's lost. If he were to capture the past two weeks in a sentence, 'Bored to death' would do pretty well. Since Jimin and Taehyung was busy with an event in their school and Namjoon and Hoseok coming home in the evening, Jungsoo was the one left to take care of Jungkook. She just didn't show him how worried she was for her and Jungkook too acted if he could even do gymnastics. Because a big EGO was one of those things which they shared as twins.

In the first week, Jungsoo would ask how he got through his daily activities and also would tell him news about school -indirectly- even though he hated gossips. But around the second week, her chatter had quietened down to some extent. She acted as if she was blinded the whole day at school. She seemed dull. She wouldn't laugh as much and most painfully, wouldn't even spare a glance at Jungkook. He could easily guess that something was wrong with her. since nothing that upsetting didn't happen with him or the hyungs, he was only left with the option that something must've happened at school. Jungkook tried her best to ask his twin what's wrong, but she'd just ignore it or spat a cold reply at him.

Last Friday, Jungkook's suspicion got bigger. A few cuts decorated her lips while a purple bruise added colour to her arm. He knew she'd stubbornly dodge his questions. So, he waited for one of his hyungs to ask her about it. She had to have some answers.

Throughout the dinner, Jungsoo had her head hung low as if she's trying to hide the obvious cuts on her lips. The brothers were hella worried by the sight.

"So, Jungsoo-ah" Jin called his sister after swallowing down a mouthful of food. But Jungsoo didn't seem to hear him. "Soo?" he tried again but failed to get her attention. Jungkook nudged her arm with his which startled the girl.

"Huh?" She innocently asked after coming out of her bubble of thoughts.

"What happened to you, Soo?" the eldest asked with a concerned voice. Others, too, paid attention to it.

"I- uh, zoned out?" she asked unsurely.

"He meant to your face?" Yoongi explained. Jungkook was waiting till she spill the answers for his long awaited questions.

"Oh.. I walked into a pole" her answer made Jungkook frown. Was it some kind of a horizontal pole to get her lip busted?

"Oh, really?" Yoongi questioned her unbelievable answer.

"Then how's your arm bruised?" Jungkook asked, not being able to control his suspicious mind.

"Someone slammed the door closed without noticing my arm there" Jungsoo lied through her teeth.

"Oh, really?" Jungkook imitated Yoongi. The grip she had around her chopsticks tightened. But she tried her best to stay calm. She nodded after a second.

"Must've been a really hard door" Jungkook muttered under his breath which everyone clearly heard.

"Can't you just let me eat peacefully, Jungkook?" she yelled like a mad woman, making everyone confused. But as soon as she realized it, she apologized and continued to eat her food.

Silence lingered in the air for a while after her sudden outburst. Jungkook was the first one to slice it with his request.

"Hyung, Since I get my cast removed this Sunday, I can go to school from the starting week, right?" it was obviously directed to Jin and Yoongi. But who answered him was neither of them.