Chapter 7: Unexpected Company

After much contemplation, Eleanora decided on a course of action that surprised not only her team but also herself. Determined to navigate the complexities of responsibility and work, she brought Tommy along to her workplace, an unexpected addition to the routine of the advertising company.

Walking into the office with Tommy by her side, Eleanora couldn't ignore the curious glances and raised eyebrows from her colleagues. She approached her team, a mix of confusion and surprise evident on their faces.

"Good morning, everyone. This is Tommy," she introduced, her voice steady despite the unexpected turn of events.

Tommy, feeling the unfamiliar eyes upon him, instinctively hid in the safety of Eleanora's neck. The fear of more people, something she had noticed during their mall visit, resurfaced. Eleanora, realizing his discomfort, gently reassured him.

"It's okay, Tommy. These are my friends, and they're nice," she whispered, the tenderness of her voice reaching the small boy who clung to her.

Her team, though initially taken aback, responded with warmth. Some offered welcoming smiles, while others exchanged glances, silently acknowledging the unique situation. Eleanora, with Tommy still nestled in her arms, continued her brief introduction.

"I'll be working from here today, so feel free to approach me if you need anything," she announced, steering the conversation back to the professional realm.

As the day unfolded, Eleanora found herself navigating the intricacies of her job with an unexpected companion. Tommy, initially hesitant, gradually warmed up to the surroundings. His eyes widened at the computer screens, and the unfamiliar sounds of an office became the backdrop to their shared day.

During team meetings, he clung to Eleanora, finding comfort in her presence. The supportive atmosphere of her colleagues, who adapted to the unforeseen circumstances with surprising understanding, created an environment where work and the unexpected blend of personal life coexisted.

As the day neared its end, Eleanora reflected on the choice she had made. Bringing Tommy to work was unconventional, and yet, in the midst of deadlines and creative discussions, a sense of camaraderie emerged.