Chapter 17: A Morning of Anticipation

As the sun gently painted the sky with hues of dawn, Eleanora woke up with a smile adorning her face, the anticipation of the day ahead warming her heart.

She prepared breakfast for both herself and Tommy, the aroma of French toast and freshly squeezed orange juice filling the cozy kitchen.

With breakfast enjoyed and backpacks ready, Eleanora and Tommy embarked on their morning journey.

The city bustled as they headed to Eleanora's office, where the colors of connection would shape their day.

Upon arriving at the office, Tommy's playful personality blossomed as he explored the colorful world of toys that Eleanora had brought along. Colleagues greeted them with smiles, excited to have Tommy's cheerful
presence in their midst.

While Tommy immersed himself in a world of imagination, Eleanora felt the urge to share the news with someone special in her work life—Mrs. Jacobs, her team senior, and a warm presence in the office. She approached Mrs. Jacobs's desk, a gentle smile on her face.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jacobs," Eleanora greeted, "I have some exciting news to share."

Mrs. Jacobs, ever perceptive, looked up with curiosity. "Well, don't keep me in suspense. What's the news?"

Eleanora's eyes sparkled with joy as she shared, "I've decided to officially adopt Tommy. We're going to the police station today to start the process. I wanted to let you know because you've been a supportive presence for me, and I value your warmth."

Mrs. Jacobs's eyes lit up with genuine happiness. "Eleanora, that's wonderful news! I'm truly happy for both of you. You're going to make an incredible mother."

With a supportive hug and words of encouragement, Mrs. Jacobs expressed her heartfelt congratulations.
In that moment, gratitude washed over Eleanora for the supportive people around her.

The day unfolded with a blend of work, laughter, and the warmth of shared celebrations.

As the evening approached, Eleanora and Tommy headed to the police station, where the next chapter of their journey awaited.
Their story continued, painted with the hues of love, resilience, and shared joy, promising a vibrant future.