3 | Help

Mr. Hinata and his son entered the orphanage again in the same month. Komaeda nervously looked around as they approached him.

"Uhm, did I do something wrong with the donation?" He asked.

"No, don't worry. We just thought that you needed some more this month, since it's Christmas soon and the kids deserve presents," Mr. Hinata explained.

Komaeda looked up at him with sparkling eyes, like a little kid that was looking at the actor who played their favorite superhero in the movies. "You're so thoughtful,"

"There's no need to thank me at all. I'm glad I can support you here. Speaking of which, if there's ever anything you need help with, don't be afraid to ask me,"

"Yes, thank you." He smiled. "I will. Ah, I- never mind, it's nothing,"

"Come on, I just said you can ask me for help,"

"It's just... Well, the kids always look at the magazine of a specific toy store and they write their names under the stuff they want so that Yukizome-san and I know what to buy. Yukizome-san always drives the kids to kindergarten while the older kids go to school. During that time, I can go buy the presents since we try to leave the other one alone with the kids for as little time as possible. But I don't have a car to go buy the gifts,"

"What about the car Yukizome-san drives the kids with?" Mr. Hinata asked.

"...And I don't have a driver's license, either,"

"Can't she go buy the presents?"

"I suppose she could, but..." he looked over at the brunet. "Hinata-san!" He exclaimed. "Please help me!"

"Uh, but what's the problem? She can just go buy the presents, right?"

"But I would feel so lazy then! And also the chef is making me really uncomfortable..." He whispered the last part.

"What did you say?" Hinata asked.

"Hanamura-san, our chef... he makes me uncomfortable. I can't reject him as well as Yukizome-san, so I don't want to be alone with him..."

The doorbell rang.

Komaeda sighed. "There he is..." he went to the door and let him in, quickly putting on a smile. "Ah, Hanamura-san, hello!" He said as the short chef came inside.

"Hello there, cupcake." He shook Komaeda's hand just a little too long.

"You can just start making food right now! I'm sure the kids will be hungry once they come back,"

"Ooh, who are you two?" Hanamura asked, looking at the Hinatas.

"Hinata Tsuyoshi, nice to meet you," Mr. Hinata said, shaking his hand.

The chef smirked. "A true pleasure to meet you too,"

"Get in the kitchen." Hinata told him sternly.

"Ohohoh! You're quite dom-"

"Yes, go." Hinata's father agreed in the same tone of voice.

Hanamura went into the kitchen and began to make food.

"See?" Komaeda asked. "I can't bring myself to be rude to him. If he tried something with someone else, sure I'll say something, but when it's about me, I just don't have the confidence,"

"I'll drive you to buy the presents," Hinata told him.

"Ah, really? You're the best, thank you so much, Hinata-san!"