23 | Silly Bunny

A young Hinata entered the orphanage, following right behind his dad. He looked around and saw lots of kids playing with toys.

"Dad, can I go play?" He asked.

"Sure, go ahead," Mr. Hinata said.

The brunet sat down next to a small boy with white hair. He was pale and had long, white eyelashes.

He watched as the boy played with small bunny figures. He was whispering as he played, not wanting to bother the other kids.

"Do you want to go to a tea party?" The white bunny asked. "I would love that!" The black one replied with an English accent. Hinata laughed. That sounded funny.

"I want to drink the pink tea!" White bunny said. "I want to drink the tea for cats!" Black bunny said.

The pale boy giggled to himself. "The tea for cats for a bunny? You're so silly," he said to the toy as if he wasn't the one controlling them. Then, he laughed again. "Cat tea for a bunny!" He smacked his forehead. "That's crazy!"

Hinata didn't get what was so funny. What was wrong with a bunny wanting tea for cats?

When Mr. Hinata came back, the pale boy ran to him and hugged his leg, giggling.

"Hinata-san!" He laughed. "You'll never guess what happened!!" He said.

"Oh? What happened?" He asked, smiling kindly.

"The bunny wanted the tea for cats!" Komaeda laughed his little heart out. "Imagine that! That's like if I wanted the tea for puppies! I'm not a puppy at all!"

Mr. Hinata laughed. "Not at all." He booped his nose. "Yukizome-san, looks like we've got a little comedian on our hands,"

The little boy smiled. "I didn't come up with that joke! The little bunny said it. He's so silly!"

"He said that? What a crazy bunny," Mr. Hinata agreed.

"Mhm! Hinata-san? Do you think my bows are cute?" He was wearing two bows in his hair.

"I do. I think they're very cute,"

"I think they're cute too!" Hinata chimed in. Komaeda quickly glanced at him, then back at his father.

"Hinata-san, do you want to see my room?"

"Sure, lead the way,"

The small boy ran upstairs, the Hinatas following him. He pointed at a door.

"Here, look! The sign says my name! Ko-ma-e-da! I crafted it myself!"

"That says Komededa," Hinata stated.

The pale boy's eyes widened. He looked up at Mr. Hinata, scared. "I thought it was right... Are you gonna hit me now?"

"What? No way. I would never do something like that to a child,"

Komaeda hugged his leg. "Thank you..." he sighed, relieved. Then, he opened the door.

"Look! My plushies are on my bed and I have a desk so I can draw!"

"Wow, that's really cool," Mr. Hinata said. Komaeda pat the bed, wanting him to sit down on it. He did so and Komaeda sat down next to him.

"Do you ever want another kid?" He asked.

"I don't think so. Hajime has a twin brother, you know? It's a lot of work for my wife and I,"

Komaeda felt his little heart shatter into a million pieces. "N-not even if the kid is really, r-really well-behaved?" He asked, voice breaking.

"Two kids are enough for me, but I know there's someone out there who would be really happy to have a son as sweet as you,"