Gone Missing

How I wish I could tell you this chapter was about a sock in the bottom of my drawer... spoiler alert. It's not.
You could exit the book and pretend it is...
But let's be honest we all know you're not going to do that.
I would often look back on this day and question all the things I could've done differently to prevent such a terrible event from happening. There were so many ways, but alas what happened happened and I can't change that.

***
The morning was cold and frosty. The wind howled at us as the rain pummelled to the ground. Tree branches banged upon our windows, begging for protection from the storm, we gave them none. The sky was still painted black and it seemed the light of day may never arrive. Flaire was still shaken up from the night before. She wasn't speaking, eating, crying, I mean she wasn't really doing anything. Only sitting in our bed staring into one place. For a few moments she reminded me of Annie, but I quickly shook the idea from my head feeling ashamed I was thinking about an old girlfriend when I had a perfectly good wife. Her whole mood put me on edge and she was really scaring me.

"Are you okay?" I murmured, holding a glass of water towards her.

She continued to look forwards, her eyes fixated on the wall, wide and dazed.

"Flaire, sweetheart, you're really worrying me," I whispered, "after last night..."

"I don't want to talk about it." She said flatly, not turning to look me in the eye.

"Flaire how serious is this? Do I need to call the police? Are you being threatened?" I asked.

"I told you," she said softly, "something bad is going to happen, that's the only threat."

"But what honey, you can tell me," I urged, "please you're killing me."

"I'm cold," Flaire replied, through dry lips.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I'm cold," she replied.

"What does that have to do with the dream?"

"Dream? What dream?" She said.

"The dream you had last night," I said

She furrowed her brows and giggled.

"Why are you laughing?" I said, slightly annoyed.

"Because I have no clue what you're saying," she said.

"You woke up screaming last night, you said it something bad is coming," I reiterated.

"Are you alright?" Flaire asked suddenly, putting her hand on my forehead.

"You're asking if I'm alright?!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe you should lay down and I'll make some tea," she said.

"No, no, now you're twisting it," I shook my head, "you were not okay, you kept repeating that something bad would happen and you were crying and-"

"I think I would remember that," she scoffed.

"It happened last night!" I yelled.

"Maybe we need to see a doctor love, because this isn't normal," she shook her head.

"Maybe we need to get you a doctor," I retaliated, "you seriously remember nothing?"

"Finn, last night I went to bed with you by my side and woke up without you there," she began, "then I went downstairs and you were making a cup of tea and then you made one for me and we went back up to sleep."

"No."

"What do you mean 'no'?" She scoffed.

"I'm going to take a shower," I sighed, getting up.