Surprise at Alderaan

The ramp fell down slowly as Adla blinked rapidly to adjust to the bright sun of Alderaan.

Stepping out cautiously, Adla closed her her eyes and tilted her head to the sky. She stretched her arms above her head and seemingly reached for the sun before slowly lowering them to her sides.

Grinning, Adla opened her eyes to spot Bail Organa walking toward her with his own smile on his face.

"Adla! Welcome!"

"Oh, I've always loved visiting your planet, Bail." The brunette woman looked to the palace before traveling her gaze to the beautiful mountains in the distance. When her eyes rested once more on Bail, she noticed the worried look in his eye and frowned. "What?"

Bail Organa glanced behind her to see only Captain Typho.

"Where is the rest of your security detail?"

The sound of Captain Typho huffing was the only answer he received.

"Where is Breha?" Adla stepped off the ramp and squinted around the platform, effectively changing the topic for the time being. "I wish to be graced with her heavenly presence."

Bail chuckled, shaking his head as he looked at the ground. "She will come to greet you in a minute. She's just putting our daughter down for a nap."

Adla's expression faltered. A feeling began to form in the pit of her stomach and her head, just behind the eyes. She grew still as Bail's words lingered in the air. She stared at him blankly. "Daughter. Right. How is the little one?"

Realizing his words, he carefully assessed the new senator's reaction. "Yes, she's doing quite well. Very healthy." The two awkwardly stood next to each other for a moment. "We better get inside. We need to discuss private matters," Bail kick started them to the purpose of Adla meeting him on his home planet instead of Coruscant.

Adla bowed her head, "Of course, lead the way."

Bail turned to head into the palace with Adla closely behind him, and Captain Typho brought up the rear.

"It is still concerning of your lack of guards."

"Be grateful for the one!" Adla turned around to make sure Captain Typho was not offended. The man continued to stare blankly ahead of them and not acknowledge the conversation.

Breha had met the group by the time they arrived inside. Alda grinned and flung her arms around the older woman. Breha hugged her back just as tightly, whispering her condolences and apologies for not being at the funeral.

Adla pulled back with a fake smile plastered onto her face. The feeling in her stomach and head grew.

"How was the ceremony? Did you sprinkle her ashes somewhere?"

Adla scoffed and shook her head, looking away from the Queen of Alderaan. "I don't want to talk about it."

Breha furrowed her brows, "I don't understanding, isn't that your tradition? Is it supposed to be a public or a private-"

"Breha," Adla said firmly. The young brunette's eyes began to burn. She swallowed harshly before continuing, "How are you and the baby doing?"

Breha sent the woman a sympathetic look before updating her on everything the baby had done.

They walked slowly as the two caught up. Breha and Bail only had the baby for a few days, but Adla hung into every word. Bail cut in when he noticed the conversation dying down.

"If you would follow me, we need to discuss the reason for your visit," Bail stated.

Adla nodded once. "Of course."