The First Rebels

Adla huffed as she hurried out of the senate room. Her irritation seeped into her skin and crawled around. Is this what Senate meetings were going to be like? How were they expected to get anything done? There was no room for compromise. How was that a senate? Those senators were unyielding in their stances. How were they going to support and benefit the people if no one can agree on anything? How would they rebuild? With the implementation of the Moff, how useful was the Senate really? And the discussion on clones today? Pitiful! Those men fought for the Republic's freedom, and this is how the Senate are going to treat them? It was repulsive.

"Senator Klenn!"

Adla took a deep breath to compose herself as she heard her name being called. Forcing a smile on her face, Adla turned to the newcomer. It was a senator, one whom Adla actually tolerated during the meeting. She had blue skin with two yellow lines curved on either cheek and light purple hair; a Pantoran.

The Pantoran gave a pleasant smile when she reached her. Behind Adla, Captain Typho stood a bit taller and puffed his chest out. The two clone troopers behind him shuffled with their blasters in their hands.

"I just wanted to introduce myself, we haven't had the pleasure since I was off-world when you landed," the Pantoran senator held out her hand. "I'm Senator Riyo Chuchi. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Adla took her hand. "Adla... Klenn," her cheeks flushed a bit as she gave a shy smile. "But I guess you already knew that."

Riyo gave her a warm smile in return. "I like what you said in there about sending aid to affected planets of the war. It was pretty bold for a newcomer."

Adla sighed as they began walking to her office. "Yes, well, we have to start somewhere, right? No one else was saying anything. We want to discuss a new military, but why have we not mentioned anything about sending relief to those planets affected terribly from the war? We are now united by the Empire. What about the Separatist planets? Aren't they now under our jurisdiction?"

Riyo nodded vehemently. "I completely agree," she glanced around before she dropped her voice so only those two could hear. "I find the priorities of some of these senators to be questionable at best."

"Indeed." Adla refrained from saying anything else as they passed a group of senators. She kept her back straight, and her head held high as her eyes trailed after them. Those were some of the senators who pushed for a change in their military.

The two senators stopped at Adla's door. "We didn't even get onto the subject of clone rights," she mumbled, moving closer to the Pantoran senator. "I can only imagine how that will go."

Adla gestured for Riyo to go in. She politely declined as she had other matters she had to attend to, but nonetheless agreed with Adla.

The two women bid each other farewell before going their separate ways. Perhaps Adla found a new ally and companion. 

Adla rested the communication device on the desk. She sat in the chair, looking as presentable as she could be. She smoothed down her fancy navy blue senate outfit.

When Queen Apailana appeared on the holograph, a smile effortlessly graced her features.

"Queen Apailana, you are looking well."

The Queen bowed her head gracefully at the comment. "You flatter me, Adla," the Queen spoke in her carefully crafted, accented voice. "You look well as well, Senator."

Adla almost threw her head back and groaned. "Yes, well, the outfits are a bit itchy and irritate my skin. Plus, this hair! It's so heavy, I have a newfound respect for you. I don't know how you do it," she said as she reached up to scratch where her head met the hair piece.