Supply Run

Bail, of course, strongly disliked the plan. He thought Adla shouldn't be the one to go out on her own, essentially on the frontline where she could get caught. Adla vehemently refused to be placed on the sidelines. She didn't want to make the plans and then have someone else do the dirty work. Even when Bail tried to reason with her that she was now in a position where she was no longer working in the shadows, she refused.

Bracca was a graveyard planet for junk. Adla knew a few battles happened around the planet, and the scraps of the battles would end up on the planet. There was no way there weren't fully intact ships with unloaded weapons and medical supplies from both the Republic and Separatists.

It was a couple of weeks before Adla could go. She went when Crosshair was called away. Bail had told the young woman before she left that after her mission, she should report to Alderaan to drop all of what she obtained off.

There was a brief moment she kind of regretted going alone. She had managed to locate an old Jedi Cruiser and was currently attempting to push six proton torpedoes back up the corridor and toward her ship. She had hid it a little ways away just in case she was caught, but she was also regretting that a bit.

This was her fourth round pushing weapons to her ship. Her arms and legs were screaming at her to stop. Her ship wasn't the biggest, so there wasn't much space to place too many weapons. There were a variety of weapons already boarded, from torpedoes to blasters to droid poppers. As she unloaded the last torpedo onto the ship, her arms felt like jelly. She struggled to catch her breath as she leaned against the cart. Perhaps she could grab more medical supplies than anything for the next trip. If they were building a rebellion, medical supplies would be hard to come by when they finally exposed themselves to the Empire. Sighing heavily and bracing herself, Adla made her way back to the Jedi Cruiser with her cart. She ducked out of the way only once to avoid the patrols.

Adla followed the long familiar path to the armory before she pushed her cart towards the medical bay. She froze instantly when she thought she heard a shout echo through the halls. Carefully, Adla picked up her helmet out of the cart and placed it on her head. She stood still for a moment, and when she didn't hear anything else, she moved on. She finally reached the med bay and left the cart up against the wall by the door in the corridor.

Utilizing all of her strength, she struggled to lift the door open. She opened it enough to slip through on her stomach. Adla closed the door behind her, just in case any of the patrols took a stroll through the Cruiser, she wouldn't be sneaked up on. The brunette rummaged through some drawers, finding some expired medicine. Rats scurried from their hiding places to get away from her.

She pulled open a cabinet to find bacta patches and gauzes. Quickly checking the expiration date on the patches, she grinned.

"Looks like the Force is with me today!"

Her excitement rapidly dissolved when voices could be heard on the other side of the door. Heart pounding, she flipped her visor down and quickly climbed inside the bottom cabinets to hide herself just as the door was effortlessly lifted open.

Adla saw six pairs of feet enter the room through the slit between the cabinets. Her heart rate skyrocketed as they all walked further into the room. A couple of rats squeaked by.

"This will do nicely," a voice spoke.

"I would no longer call this medical bay a sterile environment," a voice stiffly responded after they quickly assessed the room.

"Do you prefer to use the facility on Kamino?"

"This will do nicely," the previous voice instantly repeated.

"Wait," a new voice spoke up. "We're not in here alone."

Adla pressed herself further against the cabinet wall. Were the cabinets not closed all of the way? How did they know?