A Run In

She had what she came for. She should've left. There was no reason for her to stay any longer after she completed taking out everyone's chips. She had picked up and pocketed the gauze she had thrown at Hunter and shyly apologized. He had chuckled at her and told her it was alright, the wounds weren't too bad, which caused her blush to deepen.

After that, she should've left. But by then, it was so late, and after all of the heavy lifting she had done by herself and the medical procedures she conducted, she was quite tired. When she awoke the next day, it was well into the late afternoon. Adla wanted to make sure everyone was still alright after their procedure. Then, she would be gone. When she reached the Jedi Cruiser, only Tech and Hunter were there.

"Where are the others?" Adla cleared her throat as it itched after she spoke.

Hunter opened his mouth to speak, but Tech had looked up from his datapad and cut him off. "Wrecker and Omega are practicing bomb detonation while Echo was sent to retrieve them."

Hunter glanced at Tech for a moment before he turned back to Adla. "Thought you'd be gone by now, Senator."

Adla shrugged, "Yes, but I didn't want to fly my ship alone while I was tired last night. I also wanted to check in with you boys to make sure you're still alright after your procedures. How are you all holding up?" She rubbed her throat.

"I scanned and checked everyone this morning. We are all fairing well," Tech responded. He was still focused on Adla.

Adla nodded, "Well, that's good."

Hunter's commlink beeped. "Hunter, Tech. We were spotted by scrappers," Echo's voice rang out.

"Wrecker's in pursuit. He says he has it under control," Omega's tiny voice was heard from the sideline.

Tech turned to face Hunter. "That's not comforting." He turned back to his datapad.

"Echo, get a visual," Hunter spoke into his comm.

"I believe we may have spoken too soon, Senator," Tech addressed Adla once more. "If scrappers are around, it would be wise for you to leave the planet as soon as possible."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she offered.

"Echo has it under control," Hunter cut in.

Adla didn't feel comfortable enough to leave though until she checked out how everyone was doing herself. So, against Tech's advice, she stayed.

The rest of the Batch returned later that day, but night had almost fallen once more. Adla had heard Wrecker fell off the transportation and wanted to make sure he was alright. After she checked on him, she finally checked on the others as well. The last one she checked on was Tech. He removed his helmet so she could see where his incision was. She pulled back the bandage halfway so she could assess the wound.

"It looks like it is healing nicely. How are you feeling? Any headaches, any specific pain in the area?"

"None of the sort. I am healing just fine," Tech answered. He lowered his datapad so he could raise an inquisitive eyebrow at her. "How do you know about medical treatment? Were you a medic?"

Adla gave him an amused smile. "No. I did a bit of field work though during the war. I've gotten hurt, I've seen others hurt. You pick up on how to patch yourself or others up quickly during those times. Follow-ups just seem like common sense questions, making sure the person is alright and feeling better. No fancy training for me. Even the procedure yesterday was more of a crash course," she shyly admitted that last part.

Tech turned in his seat to face her once she pulled away from him. "You did quite a sufficient job for only being given a short amount of time to process and learn the procedure. I am impressed with your ability to learn so quickly."