Clone Rights

TW: slight gore in the first section of this chapter. Any other violence within the chapter is canon typical. If it makes you uncomfortable, please proceed with caution.

It was no secret that Riyo Chuchi, the senator of Pantora, was an advocate for the clones amongst the Senate. She was one of the first to speak out against the mistreatment of clones. The soldiers' rights were often neglected during meetings, whether they were tabled or just flat out ignored. Riyo would always confer with Bail and Adla on the matter. The senator of Pantora tried to rally other senators for support but was never quite successful. So, she decided to build up her case.

Well, after the events that currently arose, Adla briefly thought surely more senators would join Chuchi's cause.

News that an old Jedi Master was located at the Jedi Temple swept through the whispers on the top level of Coruscant quickly.

The Coruscant guard dispatched to the scene and surrounded the building immediately. Adla heard from the low, gentle voices of passerbyers that it had been the Chief Librarian, Jedi Master Jocasta Nu. The Naboo senator had never met the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Temple, but she still worried for her.

What would possess Nu so strongly to come back to the heavily guarded Jedi Temple?

Suddenly, her feet turned in the opposite direction of where her late lunch but early dinner awaited, and strode to the temple. Surprisingly, only a small crowd of people were standing behind a roped off scene. As Adla walked closer, she was surprised to see the full companies of Imperial clone shock troopers and the Coruscant Security Force present.

She scooched herself up to the rope, to get a front row seat of what was going on. At the bottom of the steps, Adla noticed Fox, who stood more in the middle, compared to his brothers who were lined up against the railing of the steps.

If Crosshair knew she was here he would probably kill her.

A sudden presence made her breath hitch in her throat as he passed by her. A tall man wearing all black from head-to-toe glided right by her. Even his thick helmet was all black. His cape was black but was lined a dark red on the inside. Not an inch of his skin peaked out through his clothing. From the quick glance Adla had seen of his front, he had a harness with what seemed to hold buttons or vitals. What made his presence known to Adla was the deep, mechanical inhales and exhales that emitted from him. She had never heard someone breathe like that. It was almost like he had an oxygen mask on. But that wasn't the only thing that unsettled her. Even though they didn't touch, and he was heavily covered, he felt cold. A chill ran up her spine as he passed. She almost took a step back just so she could create more distance between them.

She almost mistook him for a droid, except his walk was too graceful and smooth to be a droid.

Who was this guy?

Could this potentially be the new right-hand man of the Emperor that people murmured about?

Where did he come from?

"The temple is sealed, Lord Vader," she heard Fox speak as the clone commander approached the man. "What are your orders?"

"Unless authorized by the Emperor or me - no one enters and no one leaves," the mechanical voice modulator instructed.

Adla silently watched as this "Lord Vader" made his way up the steps and into the temple. Luckily, she didn't have any scheduled meetings for the rest of the evening. The only thing she had to worry about was Crosshair's nagging and icy glares. People were leaving work around this time anyways, so nothing too terrible could happen to her.