-ˏˋ - Chapter 3 -

「一人には別れる」

("Being self-reliant and don't place blind trust in people.")

   ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥
" ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴ: "
◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

The dude strutting a couple of steps ahead of you. And you ain't in the mood to put up with his nonsense in the morning. You've already been dealing with it just because you're with him, against your will.

After the morning curses burst from your mouth, showing your intense frustration and annoyance. It was a moment of raw emotion and a definite crossing of your limits.

But now things are kinda alright. You're still a bit annoyed, but alright....

He's got a flushed cheek, but... alright.       

And you two are heading to your first face-off in the game, yeah, obviously... alright?

What could possibly go wrong? Like any other game, you'll just bite the dust if you fail, plain and simple.

"Wait, we're definitely not messing around here, right?" You questioned, your gaze fixed on the ominous prison ahead. It sends shivers down your spine, a truly terrifying sight. At three in the morning, it doesn't sit right with you, nor your pounding heart.

A chilling sense of dread washes over you, as if you're about to be thrust into a macabre game of life and death, which you are on the brink of.

"Yeah, it definitely feels that way." He shot you a sidelong glance, he smirked, and hurried inside- Note 'hurried', clearly baiting you to follow and find solace in his supportive and presence.

As you made your way inside the building, taking in the pillers and cement walls, the image that flood your mind are filled with gurgesome scenes from the past, reminding you of the dark history of prision and the torture that took place within their walls. It's chilling experience that sends shivers down your spine.

The empty prison, with its haunting atmosphere, triggers vivid and unsettling image in your mind. Things are a lot cooler now compairs to back time, where people were once subjected to unimaginable torment. It's a spine-chilling experience that leaves you feeling deeply disturbed and on edge. Now here in this same place, maybe your skin will be peeled away from your flesh. Your blood will be drained from your body and everything that happens in those gore hollywood films.

'Shit, I don't like Gore movies.'

As you went deeper inside those dark hallways with some bright lights here and there, you got the glimps of something. A round white table, with few electrical collars on it with a note, which says-

'PUT ON A COLLAR AND GO UPSTAIRS TO THE CENTRAL GUARDROOM.'

A surge of fear and apprehension you felt while looking at the collar, this collar meant no good intension. It's not the first time you saw a collar in this world, but surely you never wore it before any of your games. The combination of being in a prison game arena and the presence of the collar adds a sense of danger and uncertainty to the situation.

You were experiencing a mix of adrenaline and anxiety while putting the collar around your neck, which seems to put a lock in your fate. The worst thing, your lovers aren't here with you, unsure of what lies ahead and what challenges you will face in this intense game.

This could be your last game for all you can say. You may not return to your lovers again and the though alone is enough to brough tears in your eyes, more gurgesome than death itself.

When suddenly a hand reached out for yours. Englufing your hand on it's own warmth. You hated to say that but at that exact moment you felt a sense of comfort and reassurance, as if he's telling you that you're not the only one going down.

His gesture could also spark a feeling of trust and connection, but that's far from getting thoughts about.

As his eyes fixated on your collar, he sauntered silently behind you, leaving you filled with uncertainty, making you question him. "There's a card suit appeared on your collar's screen. It's a spade. Look if there same thing in mine." He turned around, letting you see the behind of his collar.

"Nah... It's a heart. But do you think it's smart to show each other this... thing? Who's to say we ain't playin' some twisted game against each other? What do you reckon this game could be?"

He shrugged, his shoulder, making you regrate letting him see your collar. "I don't know, not even a slightest bit idea. But let's just go with the flow and see what happens." He said it nonchalantly, causing you to instinctively cover the back of your collar with your flowing hair. "Hey, let's put aside any animosity until the game is over, alright? Sound good?" You didn't say a word, but you timidly nodded your head in agreement.

"But if I gotta go head-to-head with you to secure the win." You stared straight into his eyes, your voice filled with determination. "I won't hold back."