-ˏˋ - Chapter 5 -

「一知らぬが仏

("not knowing is bliss.")

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥
" sɪʟᴇɴᴛ ғᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟs: "
◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

'Please give your answer'

"Club." You said, not without too much efforts. Eyes as lifeless as a graveyard at midnight.

Pushing aside all those thoughts, you ventured outside, only to be greeted by a others. Everyone had already left their cells, their gazes fixated on you as soon as you emerged. But you are not the last one. Ippai is yet to make his appearance.

.

You waited....

.

.

'Why is he taking so long?'

You spotted Chishiya right in front of Ippai's cell, his back turned towards you. So, you strolled over and called out, "Chishiya?" He slowly pivoted to meet your gaze, his expression a mystery. The eerie silence, despite the crowd, only added to your discomfort. Shifting your focus away from the others, you inquired, "Where's Ippai?" Just as you almost caught up to his stride, right where he stood.

"Y/n..."

You kept staring at him, waiting for any words to escape his lips, but silence prevailed. Determined, you pushed past him and peered through the peephole, only to be met with the sight of Ippai's bloodied figure lying inside the cell. Shock and disbelief crashed over you like a tidal wave, causing your trembling finger to point towards the room. Your heart sank as the realization hit you: the person you once considered a friend had gone. "You-you..." Your words quivered uncontrollably as you pointed your finger at the hooded figure.

Emotions of sadness, confusion, and grief surge through you, leaving you feeling a mix of sorrow and disbelief. It's a deeply unsettling and heartbreaking experience you were going through. This person who was so good for his own good didn't deserves such a death.

"Chishiya....? You killed him?"

"Y/n! It not what you think. I swear, I have no clue how this mess happ-"

"You... you killed him." No need for questions, it's a straight-up statement. That person you trusted, a whirlwind of emotions tearing through you. And those people just stood there, watching it all go down.

'He's playing with you, believe me sooner or later he'll betray you and the other of that man who always stuck with you.'

Anger doesn't even begin to cover what you're feeling. Sadness is like a raging fire, burning through you. Those words from that stranger, they hit you like a devastating blow, shaking everything you once believed in. It's like your whole world got turned upside down.

"Y/n-"

"YOU TOOK HIS LIFE, YOU DAMN BASTARD!" You were screaming your heart out, and honestly, anyone could see why. "WHY, DAMN IT?" That boy, all friendly and charming, became friends with him in no time, and now he's lying behind that door. It's like you can't even mourn properly.

"Why would I kill him? I have have no reason to do so." He cluched you by your shoulder, bringing you closer to him. "He was helping me, helping us throught the game, why would I kill him-."

"Damn, that's a messed up excuse coming from someone like you." You gave him a good shove. "It's 'cause you're all about yourself, ain't it? You had a choice." You pointed right at yourself. "Me." Another push, right towards that door where your friend is. "You sacrificed him for your own sake, and now it's my turn, huh?" You let it all out in one go, no holding back. "But don't think for a second I'm just gonna let you off the hook." You locked eyes with him, emotions as clear as day.

"Let's rot in hell together."