-ˏˋ - Chapter 6 -

「一終わりよければ、すべてよし

("All's well that ends well.")

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥
" ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴀɴ ᴇʀᴀ: "
◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

You're irritated to be said, that precise but nah, it's like a whole wave of frustration washes over you when you think about that guy sitting beside you. He's practically drilling holes into your skull with his intense gaze. And to make matters worse, he's playing with the ends of your hair and lightly brushing his fingers against your skin as if he's never encountered a girl before. It's enough to make your skin crawl.

"Once all of this is over, you better believe we're sticking together," he whispered, leaning in closer. You kept your gaze fixed on the side, avoiding any eye contact. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you with me." This guy's definitely got some issues.

His whole conversation was just a jumble of words that couldn't make their way into your mind. On one hand, he's talking about killing and death, and on the other hand, he's talking about saving you. It just doesn't add up.

If only his words matched his innocent-looking face.

It's like you're witnessing the craziest version of Niragi himself, but without all the aggression and hot-headedness. It's like a whole new level of insanity.

"And who says I'm not the Jake of hearts?" you retorted, mustering up the courage to meet his gaze. You tried to appear intimidating, but your attempt fell flat when he let out a chuckle and leaned in closer than before. His hand moved from your hair to your cheek, gently rubbing against your now not-so-soft skin.

"You're too innocent to be the Jake of hearts," he chuckled, revealing the most innocent smile you've ever seen. His eyes formed crescent moons as he spoke. "The person who can't even handle the deaths of others, who cried miserably for a whole day over someone not being with him. Do you really think someone like you could become the Jake of hearts? I highly doubt it."

There was something in his words that made your heart flutter, you don't know, wheather in anticipation or nervousness.

And, that's true. Even a kid could tell that you're far from being a murderer. It's not like you can't kill or murder someone, but it would take every ounce of your nerves to do such a thing. And honestly, in a world where there's no mercy or humanity, that's the most embarrassing thing to admit.

You're not too far off from Ippai, you know?

As he still saw the flush on your face, he pulled you closer, pressing your back against his chest and gently placing you on his lap. You let out a surprised gasp and tried to struggle against his hold. "Shh," he whispered in your ear, causing you to freeze in place. He loosened his grip on your shoulder and wrapped his other hand around your waist, while his hand gently brushed the hair behind your neck. A small smile curled up on his face.

"It's heart," he whispered, causing you to jolt out of your trance. Once again, you struggled to break free from his grip, and this time he let you go without any protest, wearing an innocent smile on his face.

'Disturbed'