Chapter 3 (excuse me uhm)

—Y/n POV—

I was currently skimming over all the club listings and there was a shit ton of them. cross country, sculpting, gardening, cooking, sewing, jazz club, theater, and the titular chess and debate club. Who could forget about those geeks? And still many more.

It was a tad overwhelming back at my other schools ( that were in the ghetto) most of the funding went to the boy's basketball program and barely any to the other extracurricular activities,

But out of all of them, the one that attracted my attention was the Music club. Now I was no Mariah Carey or Beyoncé when it came to singing. But when it came to playing instruments and all the technical bullshit of making music, that's where I shined.

—Ariana POV—

"Ohh Ariana look it's your future wife." My head snapped towards where Courtney was pointing and there she was at the club bulletin board. "It looks like she's signing up for music club. Oh, maybe you should join so you could be like a duo." I scoffed

Who the fuck do I look like Troy Bolton. "This isn't high school musical sweetheart." But hey it wasn't a bad idea.

Walking over to the board I cleared my throat. "Uhm can I see that?" I referred to the signup sheet that was on a clipboard. "Uhh sure of course." Fuck her voice was hot. And it was the right amount of rasp that just scratched my brain the right way.

"Thanks." I took the clipboard from her and wrote down my name. Y/n L/n what a cute name. Looking up I tried to hang up the clipboard but I was too short. "Uhm let me help you." Y/n took the clipboard from my hands out fingers brushing against each other and easily she put the clipboard back to where it was.

"Heh must be nice to be tall," I said jokingly. Y/n chuckled. "Yeah, it's pretty good."

We stood there awkwardly for a minute not knowing what to say. "Uhm I like your hair." She spoke suddenly. "I think a ponytail suits you really well." I blushed getting genuine compliments from girls where honestly the best

I smirked and flipped my ponytail "Thanks. Uhm I love your outfit"

"Thanks," Y/n spoke softly and we just stared at each other

Hearing a slight humming sound I turned towards Courtney who was standing right beside me with an unimpressed look on her face.

"My name is Ariana btw."

"Nice to meet you, Ariana." Courtney snickered. "And it's very nice to meet you, stranger." I sighed. "Courtney." I groaned. "Uh, what does that mean?" Y/n asked.

"It means you hot like smoking hot," Courtney spoke and I pushed her away. "Don't mind her she's dumb." Y/n laughed. "I guess I'll see you at the music club then."

"Yep," I responded y/n turned on her heel and walked away turning the next corner quite quickly. "That girl is a snack." Courtney rested her arm on my shoulder pushing me down. "And you annoying." I pinched her arm with my manicured nail. "Anyways I'm gonna join the life drawing and sculpting club. I'm trying to draw some penises and tits." I scoffed. "You're so fucking strange"

Courtney grabbed the clipboard for the naked art shit and wrote her name on it. "Any news about monet. She better bring her black ass down here." I inhaled sharply "What!" I yelled out still trying to process what this girl just said. "I'm being serious I don't care if she's being held hostage. She better embraces her black heritage and escapes the plantation." Halfway through her sentence, she started laughing "One she's not even at a plantation she's visiting her aunt in Georgia."