Zelda's Existential Crisis

Zelda finishes her thing with Daruk by the next morning and they moves out by noon. Link expresses his desire to visit the Great Deku Tree, to her surprise. With that, they go down Death Mountain and heads north-west where the Great Hyrule Forest sprawls. Fortunately, there is a stable and settlement just at the entrance to the forest, right by the Hyrule Military Training Camp; Rauru Settlement. After settling Misty at the stable, they decided to rest at the settlement for a day before heading into the Lost Wood.

Zelda places her travelling pack at the bed and breakfast's room that she rented. She looks at Link, noting his staring at the direction of the Great Hyrule Forest. He notes, "Great Hyrule Forest was once in the south rather than the north. I wonder why the Great Deku Tree moves. In fact, according to modern map, it used to be in what is now Necluda," He hums, "Now that I think about it, this must have happened sometimes during the Great Flood. His island, Forest Haven, is in the north rather than the south..."

Zelda has nothing to add to that. It isn't like historical map as ancient a time as he speaks of survived to her era. She lets him ruminate on his memories while she looks at the Sheikah Slate. There is little that she can do as she can only take pictures with it. Even the map function is not working. Everything is a blank. It frustrates her and makes her wonder how to fill it. Link stands before her, "You are wondering how to work the slate,"

Zelda sighs, "Yes. I know it has something to do with all the strange Sheikah Shrines found everywhere in Hyrule but no matter how I investigate the structure, I simply cannot make it work. Any attempt to break in ends in failure, even if we use a drill made of ancient Sheikah materials,"

Link asks, "Have you activated the Sheikah Tower? I recall Zelda talking about it. She will create a network of towers that will power many things. But one tower will be what you call the switch that will start it all,"

Zelda paused and stares at him, "Sheikah Tower? There are these odd Sheikah Platforms everywhere but I have never seen any such Sheikah Tower?"

Link hums, "We should return to the Great Plateau when we head for the Gerudo Desert. After all, that is the birthplace of Hyrule. It is only poetic that she place the start switch there,"

Zelda hums and puts away the Sheikah Slate. That seems like a clue if anything. Clearly, she needs to ask Link the right question to get any proper answer. After all, his head must be full of information that will only come forward with the right query. She will have to start a list. Smiling, she claps her hand, "Anyway! Since we are here, let's look around! Rauru Settlement is one of the oldest settlements in Hyrule. Well, older than Sheikah technologies for sure," She don't know if this settlement exists in older eras.

Link nods, "Right. It is old. And rather sudden too. I suppose it happens in an era in which neither Zelda and I are born,"

Well, she suppose that means it does not exist in the older eras.

The two walks out of the bed and breakfast to wander around. There are a lot of soldiers from every race walking around. Zelda puts up her hoods, not wanting to cause a commotion. Although not everyone in Hyrule could claim to have met her personally, she is a person of importance and should the soldiers that had seen her sees her, they might make a big noise about her presence there. Also...

"You do not have to bow your head to the ignorant. Your power will come when it will come. Your power is not theirs to decide when to appear," Link stands firmly beside her, catching her wide eyes with his glowing gaze, "Be proud, Little Light,"

Zelda can't help but smile at him. That was the kindest she had ever heard from someone regarding her power. Her father is too stressed by pressure from all sides to spare her a kind word. But understanding his position does not lessen her hurt whenever his words grew harsh. It has come to point of making her wonder if she even really his daughter. But every time she thought of that, she felt like slapping herself because that would imply her late mother was an impure woman. Impa tries her best to be supportive but she too are stressed by the pressure around them. Every day that passed without her finding her power, is another day that crawls closer to despair. So even though people looked at her with disappointment, desperation, and disdain, Zelda could only keep her head down. After all, her continual powerlessness spells doom for Hyrule.