Spring of Courage

There was a shrine to solve but after that they are making good time towards the hidden Spring of Courage. However, Link guides Satori instead of riding in due to the amount of Electric Lizalfos infesting the path to the Dracozu River. Zelda uses the journey to flex her archery skills by sniping the Lizalfos going for Link. Of course, he hardly needs it but Zelda wants to feel useful. Although she isn't so good that she can simply shoot when they are close to Link, so she only aims for the one still far from him. It did not take long before they reach Dracozu Lake. But by then, it is already late in the evening so the moment they finished clearing the lake of monsters, Link set up camp.

Zelda heads into the maw of the Zonai ruin to change into her prayer gown. Once done, she puts away her travel wear and stretches her spine. She then looks at the marble statue of Hylia. The smiling statue stands there, as silent as always. She wonders if Hylia really look as depicted.

...of course not.

Hylia's likeness hides in Zelda's features. And although the many marriages with the other Hylians tends to overpower Hylia's features down the generations, Her features will be strongest in the Princesses born with Her light within them.

"Zelda?"

Zelda looks over her shoulder and stares at Link, although he's still not the tallest man, he did add his height during the journey so that he's a head taller than her now. That and the shape of his feet only add to it. He walks closer and joins her at the edge of the ancient stone platform over the spring. He looks at her after studying the statue, "What is it?"

She hums, "It feels so strange to be here,"

"Why?"

She looks at the statue, "A year ago, coming here will feel like defeat. All I can hear was...nothing. Nothing but the desperation and despair in me. I drag my feet here, feeling like a sinner heading for my execution, knowing and dreading and hoping to hear something, anything, only to hear nothing. But now..." She laughs, "Now I can...somewhat feel Her. But I also doubt that I happens because of anything I did. Do I...truly deserve this happiness and sense of accomplishment I am feeling?"

Link pulls her hand, his talons gone in favor of more ordinary nails as to not hurt her, gathering her attention away from the past and into the present, catching her forest emeralds, "I would not be here had it not been for you. I would still be a bound spirit, wandering the land, unseen and unheard. You are the reason I am here, Zelda. Sure, Hylia guides the Sheikah to my tomb, but your blood is the one that summoned me and gave me a form to anchor myself on this side of the world,"

She looks at him, "Are you sure that it is me? That what happened isn't just an accident or a coincidence?"

Link smiles, brushing her cheek, "Accident or coincidence does not exist for the Goddess, Zelda. Everything, no matter how slight, is a catalyst for something more. Like when an apple fall before a researcher, bringing to mind the theory of gravity. Do you honestly think that it would have fallen without a purpose right at that moment? Sure, the skeptics would say that it is time for it fall, but Hylia works like that. She does not work directly with you. As a daughter beloved by Wisdom, She strives for you to gain your own Wisdom. Even the cut you made on your hand, it had been planned long before you are here,"

Zelda shudders, "That is...just plain creepy,"

Link laughs, "Because you are trying to see it through mortal lens. Don't. Open your eyes, Little Light. Everything, other than the monsters and the evil that haunts this fair land, moves by Hylia's will,"

Zelda pouts, "Forgive me. I am...having trouble to simply see it as that,"

"Because control is everything for mortals,"