Transformation

[A/N: I am thinking a mix of TotK Zonai, Mystic Robe, the dragons and Blupee]

After Gerudo Desert, Zelda plans to cover the Faron Region, which is right next to the desert. She leans back against Link. She notice that he had added some height to himself. He's still not the tallest guy around but he's a head taller than her. She asks, "Why are you always short for every incarnation?"

Link hums, "No idea,"

Zelda scrunches her nose, "Seriously?"

He shrugs behind her, "Honest. No idea," He then adds, "Maybe because as the Fierce Deity, I am so tall that Hylia's a dwarf to me so I instinctually desires to be smaller so that I can meet her face to face. I did not expect that my estimation makes me shorter than every Zeldas I know,"

Zelda thought about it, "You are not that short to me. In fact, I think you are of the same height with me,"

"Perhaps because I do not wish to intimidate you nor do I wish to be underestimated due to height,"

She looks over her shoulder to him, "Underestimate you because of height? Are you serious?"

He nods, "Take it from the short Hero. People underestimate me all the time because of my height,"

Zelda snorts, "I bet you surprise them with your abilities every time,"

"You win that bet by a landslide,"

She laughs.

They reach the Bridge of Hylia and the soldiers guarding the bridge stiffens upon sighting her and Link and...well, they must make quite the sight riding atop a mount that is more legend than either of them. Even the other riders on the bridge looks shaken. Some of the children on the carriages gasps with 'oohs' and 'aahs' of awe at the sight of the glowing Satori. Every steps chimes with the sounds of shrine bells, warning others of their approach. All animals stops to bow their head in respect to Satori, slowing traffic.

Zelda straightens at the sound of beeping, "Shrine!"

Link looks at the island in the middle of the lake, "Want to explore that area?"

Zelda looks at the same direction before nodding, "Seems suspicious enough...sure,"

Link simply nudges Satori and the holy beast crosses the bridge before galloping on air. The people on the bridge gasps at the sight, some clasping their hands, praying. Link ignores them while Zelda pretends that she is simply on a horse that is walking over the greenbelt and not a holy creature named Lord of the Mountain galloping on empty air.

This is her life now.

She has all the right to blame them on Link.

"Blame gladly accepted,"

And he takes the air right out of her sail just like that.

Zelda pouts as Satori lands on the small Hylia Island rising out of Lake Hylia. Satori walks on the waves lapping the beach of the island before stopping. Link hops off nonchalantly, signaling to her to stay on the Lord, and walks around to slice a Lizalfos into two. Two more rises out of the water but just as easily disposed of by Link. Times like these truly shows Zelda the accumulation of centuries and millenniums of experiences as he hardly twitch in surprise by their sudden appearance, neither did he use any fancy footwork nor fancy abilities. Just...pure swordsmanship.

It brings back to mind the mock of a duel between him and Jia. No fancy footwork, just simple movements with no waste, in complete control of his body as he baited Jia to lose his stamina first. Finally, he struck back with just as equally fancy movements. He simply hit Jia's claymore over and over in the same spot until the weapon shatter in the misogynistic man's hands. And with it, his pride and arrogance.