Son And Father of the Hero

Zelda stands besides Link, staring at the arced 'doorway' into the Lost Wood. She recalls the last time she was here. She had been desperate for any signs of the Hero. She had just wanted to get it over with so she had pleaded to her father to let her seek the Master Sword said to be sleeping in the Sacred Grove deep within the mythical Korok Forest hidden by the Lost Wood. She succeeded at making it to the Sacred Grove only to be met with an empty pedestal.

Her hope shattered that day.

But now, here she stands with the Hero the wields the Swords That Seals the Darkness beside her. Only instead of seeking the already found Master Sword, she is here to find answers for her stubborn birthright. Link steps forward, not needing her guidance. In one of his past incarnation, these very woods were his home. No one between know the Lost Wood better than him. So Zelda follows him in faith.

He forgoes the wooden torch and simply closes his eyes. She watches with interest as his earrings dangles. She recalls their discussion from yesterday. She had heard of the Triforce but only as the symbol for the Golden Goddesses. But he mentions the Triforce as if it is something that can be wield like the Master Sword. That was why she asked him about the Triforce. She had thought that it was two different things sharing similar names.

After a moment, Link opens his eyes and pulls out the famous Ocarina. He looks at her, "Hold on to me. I recognize the designated guardian of this new Lost Wood. He is a tricky one but also playful,"

He then plays an upbeat tune of the Ocarina.

Zelda blinks as the fogs of the Lost Wood recedes until a shadowy figure appears with a whispering voice, "Link? Is that you? But...I found your body so how...?"

Zelda mentally winces as the mentioning of the Hero of Time's body. It still horrifies her to learn about the fate of the Hero of Time. His adventure had been so harsh. He not only lost his father the Great Deku Tree even after his effort to save him, the other Kokiri blamed him for their lost and he was chased out of their society. Then during his attempt to save Hyrule, he unknowingly helped his enemy at succeeding at taking over Hyrule while he was forced to slumber for 7 years. Then, after saving Hyrule, all of it was undone when the Princess of Time send him back, leaving him a Hero only in name with no one to recall the sacrifices he made. Finally, his horrifying end at the hands of the people whose lives were only as posh as they were because of him.

Link answers the mysterious voice's greeting, "Hello, Skull Kid. You didn't play with suspiciously colorful mask lately, did you?"

His voice sounds a little strange. Still the same voice he had used with the Zora and Goron, but a pitch or two lower. Is he emulating the voice of the Hero of Time?

The shadowy child steps closer. He looks like he was made of fogs and mist that had been compressed into a shape of a young Hylian child. A pair of pale yellow eyes stares out of the formless face as he stands quietly before them. The spirit seems to stare at them for a while in suspicion when his eyes lands on the Ocarina, "Ah! That Ocarina! It had disappeared from your grave! Some adult took it!" He looks down, toeing the ground covered in rotting leaves, "I tried to get it back but he ran really, really fast. And I'm sorry, Link. He ran out of the forest and I can't follow. The light outside the Lost Wood is really strong,"

Link hums, "I am here to visit my Father,"

Father?

The boy looks at him, "But you are dead. Then you came back as a wolf. Then things change a lot,"

Link asks, "Are you angry that I stopped visiting?"

Skull Kid shakes his head, "You are sleeping the long sleep. I know that no one can wake up from the long sleep once they sleep it. Then, you came back as a wolf and an adult but you don't seem to remember me. You play my game for a while but it wasn't the same," He looks at Link, the leaves shifting eerily around his feet, "And now you are back after everything changed and you are the same but more. You are different, right but wrong. Are you really my friend Link?"