𝑺𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

Dewey's car rides down the long road to Stu Macher's home. The road twisting and winding just as your stomach did as you thought about your life over the past few days. The headlights of Dewey's car highlighted the mist in the night air as you overanalyzed your surroundings, you were never much of a party person. Sure you liked being gathered with your friends and going out on occasion, but knowing Stu, the entire school is there. It's not that you have social anxiety but, you have social anxiety. It's just so many damn people that you aren't that close with that'll be here, sure they'll be fucking wasted and probably pay no attention to you but, that isn't going to stop the fact that you feel like they are.

Glancing into the rearview mirror of the car you noticed a white van following behind, attempting to shield itself from view. You watched closer until a voice had broken you out of your stupor.

"Hey." Dewey spoke glancing over to you and reached his hand out for you to hold, a gentle smile on his face. Faint enough to come off as his resting face but visible enough for you to feel comfort. You let a breath out and took his hand, letting him squeeze it and stop the car for a brief moment. "You're going to be completely fine, okay? I'll be right outside patrolling the area, Bie." There goes that stupid ass nickname. You knew that he was serious about comforting you if he pulled out the "Bie" on you.

"Alright." You sighed in relief and looked out the window as Dewey start the car back up.

"You wanna hear the Bie story again?" Dewey smiled like an idiot and shook your hand before letting it go. "Oh god, spare me please." You feigned agony as he began to speak again.

"So, I think it was around when you were 4 years old, I had just gotten back home from school and you jumped out of Tatum's room when I got upstairs and yelled 'Dew look at my outfit!' and you were holding a disembodied arm and covered, and I mean covered in green paint with random red splotches. You told me you were a scary zombie and you were gonna eat me, so I started calling you Bie Bie." You both smiled gently at the memory as Tatum and Sidney giggled in the back. "Hey! My makeup skills held up beautifully, thank you!" Tatum smacked Dewey from the backseat. Before you all knew it Dewey had pulled up in front of Stu's house, the house was lit from the inside, the light pouring out of the wide front door and the windows. A group of teens, you'd briefly spoken to while walking the halls with Stu, smoking a cig on the porch.

"Woo! Let's go ladies." Tatum clapped her hands and swung the Jeep door open, Sidney followed and opened your door for you as you hesitated, taking your hand and walking you to the front door.

"You two go in, I'll stay out here for a little bit." The two girls exchanged a glance and shrugged as they took a bag from you and walked into the living room. You took a deep breath and grabbed a lighter from your pocket, clenching it in your hand. Swallowing the lump in your throat you muster up the strength to approach one of the people on the porch.

"You got a smoke?" You look up at the boy you approached. His face was so weird to decipher, you couldn't tell if he was flirty or just utterly disgusted by the fact that you approached him.

He just moved himself to the side and patted the porch rail. You carefully moved yourself to sit on top of it and he grabbed one for you, smiling. There is no way in hell a man is flirting with me.

"Only under the exception that we share, sweetheart." He leaned over the railing and looked back at you, with a smirk.

So this really is happening, dear lord.

"I can get behind that." You spoke and put the cigarette to your mouth and lit it, handing it to him every puff or so.

"What'd you get saddled with?" He crossed his arms and looked up at you