Chapter 2

"His soul is not in the underworld!"

Hephaestus POV

This statement caused chaos (not the primordial) in the throne room of the gods. He watched on with a guilty expression on his face as the gods yelled, protesting about the surety of the statement and expressing their concerns.

Athena saw this and said, "It seems like you are not concerned about the disappearance of Perseus' soul, Hephaestus, or you know something that we don't.

Silence reigned in the throne room.

"Observant as always, I see, Athena", he said. "I am as troubled as anyone else, or I would be if I didn't know what happened to him."

"Go on, my son. Don't leave us hanging around in suspense."

This was said by Hera. He sighed. He had not meant to divulge his plan to the other gods so soon. It was still in its early stages. "Fine", he said. "I saw Percy's soul drifting away from the camp, and I knew it was not yet his time to perish. I used Daedalus' idea of transferring the animus to another body, along with all the memories. I created a new body for him."

Athena looked a little put out at the mention of the brilliant inventor due to the crimes he had committed, but held her silence. Instead, Hestia spoke, "It could not have been pure coincidence that you noticed Percy's soul. How did you know to keep a watch on him?"

"You are right as usual, Aunt Hestia. My son, Leo had prayed to me to watch out for him while he was in Camp Jupiter. He was not one of the campers who betrayed the boy. When I heard his prayer, I turned my gaze to Camp Half-Blood, wondering what could happen to him when life was perfect as the Hero of Olympus. That is when I noticed it."

"And where is he now?" Poseidon seemed to lose 10 years from his appearance as he asked this question, probably relieved to know that his son was alive.

He winced. He knew that the discussion would lead to this. The new body that he had created was flawless. It increased the demigod's abilities and agility, only requiring regular maintenance in return. But Percy's soul had been rejecting its new residence, for reasons that he couldn't fathom. He had installed a temporary software to help Percy control the body, but there were some bugs that he was not able to figure out.

He explained this to the other gods.

"Summon him here", said Zeus. "We will figure out the problem. Hera has the best control over thoughts, and with Hestia here to calm him down, we can probe his mind."

Little did they know that they were heading for nothing but disaster...

A/N

I know that this one is a little short, but bear with me, readers, because I have thought up a grand plot.

(Well, maybe I'm still thinking it up *awkward smile*)

Bookasura out