Chapter 8-2 - (Aoi Sorano)

The beginning of the match. El Dorado 03 vs Garou Team: Chapter 8-2 - (Aoi Sorano)

After the meeting, Aoi decided to go outside for a walk, but Tenma met her.

—"Aoi, why have you been avoiding me lately?" —Matsukaze asked the girl with the blue hair.

— Well... I'm sorry, I can't tell you about it right now. — Aoi, abruptly ran towards the building. Entering back, after walking alone for a few minutes in thought, I came across my friends.

—"Is something wrong, Aoi?" —Midori asked her.

— No, it's okay, really. — She replied.

—"Is this about Tenma-kun?" —Midori asked bluntly.

—"Midori, don't you think you're being too direct?" —Akane asked the light-haired girl.

— Yes, everything is fine! Why, pull the cat by the tail. —She said, looking directly at Aoi.

—It's all right, Akane. —She's right...

— It's still because of Matsukaza. Did he offend you in any way? — I clarified, Midori.

— No, it's not...Here, most likely, I am his...

— What are you talking about? —Akane asked quietly.

— The fact is that... I'm actually from this time that we're in right now. — Said Aoi, rubbing her palms together, looking at the floor with her eyes.

— What?! — The girls answered in surprise in chorus, clearly not expecting such an answer from a friend.

—"Why do you know everything, but Tenma—kun doesn't, up to a certain point?" — Akane asked with interest.

—Well, that's because... there was a need for such a thing.

— But for what? —Seto asked.

—"So that I can keep an eye on Tenma."

— Do you want to say that you were forced to do it? —Midori asked briskly.

— No, I did it myself....After that incident, I wanted to look after Tenma-kun myself. However, Tenma did not know about himself — all that I knew. — the girl replied.

—Hmm... that's why you're avoiding him. Do you feel guilty about this? —Akane asked, Aoi.

— That's right... I do not know how he will treat me after what happened... because when Sarah Evan first appeared in front of us, I knew who he was and what he wanted. However... There was nothing I could do then....Except to leave them alone and follow you. You could say that I left him to his fate, knowing the whole truth. And the fact that I had to keep an eye on him all this time...Just so that Saru couldn't get to him.

— Aoi, I think you did everything you could back then. —Akane said.

I think you should talk to him. — Midori added, put your hand on the girl's right shoulder.

— Maybe you should just talk to him. —Midori asked, Aoi.

— To talk? — But... — Aoi lowered her eyes to the floor.

—"Tenma—kun doesn't seem to understand why you're avoiding him. So, what... " — Said Akane.

— So, what's in front! We'll be right there. And there's our victim. —Midori said, turning Aoi towards the walking, thoughtful Tenma.

***

—"I wonder why Aoi has been so weird lately?" —Matsukaze said thoughtfully, going to his room. — After I returned to my friends, she never came up to me. Maybe it's because... — The kid bumped into someone. As soon as he looked up, he saw Aoi in front of him. — Aoi, are you okay? — The boy grabbed the girl by both shoulders, examining her up and down.