Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"I'm sorry to trouble you at such short notice, superior magistrate." Bashar says upon entering Jessica's office.

"You said it was urgent. " Jessica says.

"Mysida wants permission to see and examine all students involved in the recent attack. She has a theory one of them is being used to create the dragon army." Bashar says.

"How so?"

"It has something to do with demon magic, and that's a subject she knows more about than I do."

"It's out of the question. Focus on our main priorities." Jessica says.

Trying to establish communication with Eliza and Magarie being among them. Accomplishing that would give them a means to bring them back, but this is all easier said than done.The bolgias are vastly unfamiliar to any of them. Knowing where to even apply a seer spell is problematic. There are no published maps, and not even Ralphonse has knowledge of the geography or layout. It's divided from the elven nations by means still not entirely understood, and seer magic could make it through with ease. Elves by and large haven't even seen past the first three circles, and if they were deeper in than that...

He got in touch with the scouts observing the mountain. Nothing new to report. The dragons cluster around the top, looking down at Schopengaard. 

The runaway students are encoated in seer jamming enchantments, but some scouting reports found their carriage in Ketle. 

There is also the task of preparing to move residents not fit for combat in the suites near laura hall.

"Report to Kisan what you told me." Jessica says.

"Right away, your honor."

Jessica had been ceding more to her since the failed mission. It appears, for the time being, Kisan is the de factor head of Schopengaard right now.

"Oh, my apologies, one more thing." Jessica says.

"Yes?"

"Make sure Professor Ralphonse does nothing to jepordize this." she says.

Mysidia is, he knows that. She hasn't shown it, but he has to think that beneath all that work, she is taking his death harder than any one. He wasn't a student of hers that he knows, but a student none the less. 

She hasn't left to attack Apopis, yet, but she's scheming to attack him.

"We have been too lenient with her. Eliza is a novice student, but Professor Ralphonse is much more resourceful." Jessica says.

"I know Mysidia better than anyone at this school. I know what to do."

__

Leon's comatose state chills Jess to the bone. The anxiety that at any moment, his shallow breaths will stop coming. An enchanted, see through mask is strapped to Leon's face supplying him with oxygen.

He tries to talk to him any way, on that thin chance he can hear, that he's even partially conscious. He can't come up with a topic worth discussing. He can't talk about Sapphire and the others when staff can overhear. 

"Umm...they...are looking for Eliza still..."

That wasn't good to bring up either. There's nothing else to say, or nothing say to bring up he should say out loud. 

"Hey, sugah." 

Jess flinches and turns arounds to face a female student.

"Didn't mean to scare ya. My name's Bellonda. You're his room mate, right?" she asks.