Chapter 30- Sheffield

Okay, once again, Kristin- Nick's fiancé and Kristen- the main character. Sorry again for the confusion.
_________________________________________

Monday came and went by in the blink of an eye. Tuesday morning, I met Matt and Alex at the airport and then we got on different flights.

The flight was about 10 hours long. That's a lot of time to spend by yourself. I loved solitude but boy is it hard to enjoy being alone when you miss someone. Fortunately I didn't feel Alex's absence too intensely since we texted each other time and time again throughout the time of our travel.

My flight reached London at 8 pm and Alex and Matt's around 9:40pm. I got my luggage and waited for the two of them in the airport. When we reunited we had free dinner at the lounge since we all had our vip passes. Nick then received us in the parking area and drove us all home: Sheffield.
Nick dropped off Alex and I at High Green, since they all had their own homes to go to but me.

The next morning we woke up early to visit Alex's parents before we went to Nick's. I'd met his parents once or twice before. I wasn't very close to them but since Alex had mentioned about me to them multiple times over the years, it felt like we knew each other well. Alex also finally got the chance to give his parents all the stuff he'd bought them from Rome. It was so sweet to see their faces light up with joy when their successful son brought them little souvenirs from his tours. Especially Penny, she seemed the most proud. He was such a mama's boy.

Things got quite busy and rushed after we got to Nick's. Alex had to go to his tuxedo fitting with the guys and also get Nick's wedding suit from the tailor.
Since Kristin was going to be wearing a vintage wedding gown passed down to her from her grandmother, she didn't have to worry about having to buy and alter a new wedding dress. Her only headache now was getting the bridesmaids dress ready. So, she took me and her sister Ellois, who was the maid of honor, to select the dress for ourselves and rest of the bridesmaids.

We went to this fancy little shop in the heart of the city. They had the most gorgeous party/ wedding wear I'd ever seen. Ellois and I went through many options but we had our heart set on a lilac dress with a queen anne neckline which Kristin seemed to love as well. Ellois got the same dress in a different model being the maid of honor and I got the original version. Both our dresses were sort of lose on us as expected so we got all our measurements taken. The designers promised that they'd get the alterations done as soon as they could.

After shopping we had a girl's afternoon out. We had lunch at a nice little restaurant, and then Kristin went to get a trim and a facial while Ellois and I got our nails done.

                                ***

In the evening we had a pre wedding party which I attended with Alex.
The guys had been pissed over the fact that they couldn't give Nick a proper Bachelor's party with everything happening so fast. As Kristin's friend, we felt quite the same on our side about not having a hen's. So we decided that instead of canceling the whole idea because we can't do it separately, we would have a pre wedding bash instead. Ofcourse, with minimal alcohol and crowd since the wedding was going to be the next morning and we didn't want a hungover and tired bride and groom.

When we walked in, there were about twenty- thirty people, none of whom I recognized. But one of them seemed to know Alex a bit too personally.

"Oh my god, Alex, is that you?" A woman asked.

She had short blonde hair and was of medium height. She was wearing a mini dress and holding a bottle of beer.

"Wait, Audrey?" Alex asked with surprise.

"Yes! Audrey! Have you forgotten all about me now?" She said with a big smile.

"I never thought I'd see you here!" Alex immediately went in for a hug.

"Did you forget my brother and Nick were tight?"

"No no, Ofcourse. I remember."
"Really nice seeing you here," Alex smiled.

"Back at you."

"Audrey, Kristen. Kristen, Audrey. We used to... well, date in high-school." Alex introduced us to each other.

"Two whole years. Weird times." She added.

"Oh god, you must be his girlfriend. Sorry if this is weird." Audrey said, probably after seeing the look on my face as she shook my hand.

"No no, I'm just a friend." I corrected.

"Very well then. I won't have to be the reason for a fight."

"Where are you from?"
"I mean, I realise you're American but what part?"

"I'm from Cali"

"Wow, the golden state." She nodded approvingly.

"Whereabouts are you from?" I asked.

"Same as him, 100% sheffield gal here!" She said as she looked at Alex and then back at me.

I admit, I felt a bit uncomfortable at first knowing this was Alex's ex of two years, but I liked Audrey. She was easily likable even to a stranger like me, with her jokes and outgoing personality.

"So, Alex, we haven't met since the band became all the rage." Audrey said as she handed Alex and I a new bottle of beer from the table.

Their conversation took off from there. I felt a bit odd standing there, just listening to their talks from their teenage years. Audrey tried to make me feel included by asking me questions in between but I felt out of place, like I was interrupting something.

"Listen I'll be inside," I said to Alex.

"What happened?"

"Oh nothing. You guys just.. have fun, catch up. I have to talk to Ellois about something." I replied.

"Okay" Alex nodded. 

"See you," Audrey smiled.