boyfriend

Gus Pov:
I was given the chance to make things up with Matt, and I fucked it up. I was supposed to forgive him and tell him I'm sorry for making him uncomfortable. Right now, I'm supposed to be sitting at his house, joking around with him. I'm supposed to be there. With him. But instead, I'm here. With her.

My mom is still here. She's been here for a while. 3 days. She needs to leave. Everything was better without her here. Now it goes to show thst I'm smaller because I actually am. I'm not a real witch. I lied to everyone. Shit-

How am I supposed to tell everyone? My friends are gonna hate me. Especially Luz. I'm supposed to be her friend. I'm supposed to be a witch. The witch that teaches her and helps her. I'm supposed to mentor her in illusions. And now- now I've let her down. Now I'm nothing but a human to her.

Wait. This is so cool.  I'm… human! I'm the one thing I've always been fascinated in. The thing I've always wanted to be. This- this is amazing. What did Luz say. “Always meet your hero?” Or was it “Never meet your hero?” I don't know, I think it was the first one.

My house is empty now. My dad and human mom are going shopping for food and some clothes for my mom to have while she stays. She's gonna be here for the next 2 weeks. Wait, I forgot to ask her how she got here. I'm gonna ask her when she comes back. But right now, I need to tell one of my friends. I want to tell Mattholomule so badly, but I know I can't talk to him after what happened. He apologized and I told him I hated him. I'm such a bad friend. I was the one who tried kissing him. I feel so rude. I hate being rude. Just so much was going on. With my mom and everything. I think it's time for me to say sorry.

(Time skip to an hour later)

*Knock knock knock*

Willow's mom comes to the door and opens it “Hey Agustus,” she says. “Could I, um, see Willow?” She opens the door wider and let's me in. “She's up in her room. Her friend is here.” Friend?  Walk up the stairs and the door is closed. That's not usual for Willow. I knock, respecting her privacy. She shouts, “Uh, one- one second.” she shuffles around, as well as the friend, I'm guessing. She opens the door and says, “Hey,” then realizes it's me, and shouts, “AGUSTUS!” And squeezes me. “Wow- I guess you really missed me,” I say, hugging her as well. “Of course I missed you! I haven't seen you for like- a week.” I tub the back of my neck, trying not to let on too much at once, “Yeah, I had some stuff going on. Heh..” I say awkwardly. “Yeah… me too,” she says. I can tell she's trying to hide whoever is in her room.

“Your mom said that you had a friend over?” I ask. Her eyes widen, suspiciously. “Yeah.. um.” She moves out the doorway. “Gus, this is Hunter.” The boy with the scar- the one Willow likes- is in her room. On her bed. The boy Willow likes is in her room. With her door locked. Which she never does. “What is he doing here?” I ask. “Um, he is hanging out with me. Because he is my… Boyfriend… And I am.. His girlfriend… Because we are… Together.” She says. My eyes dart from him to her to their hands tied together back to him.

“BOYFRIEND!?”