What Deal?

It was the next day when the gang and I made our way to the arcade to stay low. As soon as we got there Vi headed to the boxing game. I watched her as I took a seat and sharpened my knives. She was going ham on the thing not missing a single punch.

"Remind me why we even bother with this dump?" Mylo started saying, as he picked up a toy gun for an arcade game.

"We have to stay low, remember?" I said rolling my eyes but not keeping them off of Vi.

"Oh what's the matter, Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" Clagger taunted.

"Hey if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing." Mylo said back. He then jumped when Powder popped up beside him. I snickered as Powder gave him a dirty look. She then plugged the game, making it all light back up. Targets started popping up all decorated by Powder. Powder then climbed back over as Mylo started shooting the targets.

"You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job I thought you couldn't handle, right?" Vi asked everyone as she looked over her fists.

"Of course vi." I said as I walked up to her placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you kidding me? That was the best job we've ever done." Mylo smiled as he continued missing the targets. "Maybe just don't take Powder next time." He sassed. Powder glared at him as she loaded her gun then, aiming and hitting all the targets spot on.

Suddenly you started hearing a loud ruckus outside so you walked over leaving Vi to pear out the window. When you looked out you saw enforcers asking for the kids that blew up a building.

"Guys I think it's time to..." I was saying when I got cut off by someone flying through the window! Glass flung everywhere, cutting my arms and legs. Then the enforcer looked over to see us inside.

"Search them." The enforcer stated. The other enforcers started inward through the hole they just made. I looked over at Vi to see what we should do but she was looking at Powder in a panic. She then looked over at Callger signaling him to turn off the lights. Which he did and we all then made a break for it. We rushed out of the building, taking an alleyway behind the building. The enforcer soon followed behind us. Vi stopped realizing there were more up ahead. She then turned around to go back but the enforcers had caught up to us.

Suddenly a ladder started coming down behind me so I looked back to see Echo.

"Over here." Echo whistled. I jumped grabbing the rest of the ladder that hadn't made it down. I then quickly started up the rest of the group right behind me. Once everyone was up Vi kicked the ladder down making the enforcers fall to the ground. We then took the tunnel making our way home.

We made it back to the Last Drop to find Vander arguing with the people.

"You sure that's what you want?" He started. "We crossed that bridge once before and we all know how that ended."

"You're just protecting your kids." Someone spoke up.

"I'm protecting our people. I'd do the same for anyone of you. We look after each other. It's the way it's always been. This will blow over. We just need to stand together." Vander said proudly.

"The Vander I knew, the one who built the underground, wouldn't be afraid to fight." Sevilka spoke up.

Vander then walked up to her and asked, "do I look afraid?"

"No you look weak." She retorted as she then walked out.

"Hey! What the hell!" I shouted going to charge at her but Vi and Clagger held me back. "I'm gonna beat your ass one day!" I called out to her.

"Why isn't he doing anything?" Claggor whispered letting me go.

"We kicked the enforcers' butts with just the five of us," Powder said as she turned towards the others. "Imagine what the whole of the Lanes could do."

"Jeez, even Powder wants to fight," Mylo said as he turned away and began walking towards the stairs.

"So, why aren't we?" Vi was frustrated as she followed everyone else down the stairs. I still stayed there watching the people walk out on Vander. I look over, noticing Echos twitching like he wanted to say something.

"Um, I think Echo has something to say." I called out to the rest of them. Vi and Powder poked their heads out curiously waiting to see what Echo had to say.

"Come on." I said pushing Echo to tell us what's wrong.

"Um...oh ok well, um, Vander's got a deal with the enforcers." Echo said, stumbling over his words.

"What deal!?" Vi asked, now worried.

"Come on, let's go down stairs and talk about this." I said, wrapping my arm around his neck walking off down the stairs