Our new home

I ran and ran till I made it back to The Last Drop. It was dark and quiet, no one was here as far as I knew. I walked over to the light switch and pulled it down. All the lights in the building turned on one by one. The lights above the bar clicked on to appear Echo under it.

   "Y/n!" He exclaimed as he came out of his hiding spot. He ran into your arms hugging me tight. "Where's everyone else?" He asked me.

    "Myl-o, Clagge-r and Vander are all with.. Benzo.." I began to cry as I hugged Echo back.

  "What about... Vi and Powder?" He asked, beginning to cry as well.

  "Powder changed sides... as for Vi I don't know... she ran off. Let's wait here tonight and see if she comes back." I told him. We both sat there holding each other in silence.

  It was about a couple minutes before either of us spoke. "Can I sleep here?" Echo asked, looking up at me.

  "Of course, little man. We're sticking together from now on. You're family Echo." I held his cute little face and squeezed his cheeks.

   "Heyyyyy." He smiled but annoyed I was babying him.

    "Let's go grab a mattress and some blankets. We can make a fort!" I said excitedly. Echo then bursted out laughing. I started laughing with him as we walked to the room. We made it to the room grabbing a mattress and blankets. I carried the mattress while Echo carried the blanket plus some pillows. I set the mattress down in the middle of the room then went to grab some chairs. I then stacked them around the bed as Echo made the bed.

   "It's like we have a wall around a castle!" Echo exclaimed. I laughed at his comment as I walked over to turn the lights off.

   "You ready?" I asked him.

   "Yep!" He replied all snuggles up in the fort. Click the lights when out. "Whoa! Look at all the stars." He cheered. I walked on over then laying on the bed next to Echo. Echo cuddled up next to me as he looked up at the stars.

   "You know Me and Vi put those stars on the ceiling." I told him.

   "Really?" He asked as he looked up at me.

   "Yep, the day after Vi and Powder arrived here Vander gave us some money to go buy stuff for her. As we walked around Vi had seen someone sell a box full of stars. She really liked the ones above my bed so we bought them. When we got home Vi want to put them up. That's when Vi had the bright idea of putting them up there. It was a lot of work but it was fun. Sometimes we would stick them on each other or Vander. It was a good time." I reminisced. Nothing from Echo was said so I looked down to see him fast asleep. I looked back up at the stars reminiscing on all the things we did here.

   "Please come home Violet." I wished upon the stars.

   I stayed up all night. I even watched the sun come up, but no Vi. I could hear some noise going on outside, but I couldn't tell what was going on. I then walked over to the window not waking Echo.

  "Did you hear the news?" A man asked.

  "Yeah, is Vander really dead?" A lady replied.

   "Yes, Silco came out and said it. That and something about this going to be his nation of Zaun." The man told her. This made me worried for our safety. Who knew if Silco would be after us. This of course would be the first place he would check. I rushed over and shook Echo awake.

   "Hey we got to go." I whispered to him. He sat up quickly looking around.

   "What's wrong?" He asked confused as there didn't seem to be anything wrong.

  "Silco he's taking over. He might come looking for us and this is a hot spot." I told him. I quickly ran and grabbed my bag. I quickly stuffed clothes, the books I collected, the Valdiani Powder found, and the firelight stuffie. I rushed back out and asked, "do you need anything?"

"No this is all I got." He answered.

  "Ok let's go, this way." I said walking towards the back door. We snuck out and walked through the alleys looking for a place to stay. Eventually we stumbled upon an area that was open to the surface, with a big tree in the middle. It was the perfect spot. It was a decent ways away from the lanes where nobody could find us.