Twenty-Nine

⚠️smut warning, I gave a warning before it comes up and a 💚 where it's safe to keep reading if you choose to skip over the spicy part lol.

Side note- Sorry it's taken me a while on this part, I have a lot of important details to include before we get to the actual story from the game and I'm just so excited to get to that part that it's hard to not make this all seem rushed.

Thank you for reading!
Enjoy!

November 1898
-Ivy-

Mac and I stayed up all night, laying in each other's arms and talking about anything and everything under the sun. We talk about the robberies we've pulled, the people we've encountered, the gang, fun times, sad times, our childhoods, everything, and when the sun starts to rise, it seems we still haven't run out of things to talk about.

It's a beautiful moment I wish I could put in a jar and keep forever.

But unfortunately, it comes to an end the moment the rest of world wakes up. I don't remember falling asleep, but Mac is gone when I open my eyes. I throw on my coat and boots and head outside to grab my coffee and stand on guard.

To my surprise, Mac has already taken my spot at the tree stump on the edge of camp. "What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Figured I'd take watch for ya." He shrugs.

I laugh and try to pull the gun from his hands. "Very funny."

"What's so funny? You don't need to worry about it. Go eat and relax by the fire or somethin'." He waves me off.

"Go eat and relax?" I glare at him. Does he realize who he's talking to? I just stayed up all night telling him a million stories from my experiences with this gang, how I've killed for these people and will do it again, I would die for these people. He's been a part of this gang with me for over a decade and he thinks I want to just go spend my time relaxing by the fire? "Right. Okay." I grumble as I turn and walk over to take over for Bill.

"What are you doin'?" Bill whines at me as I take the carbine repeater from his big bear paws.

"Takin' over." I answer. If Mac won't give me my spot, I'll just take over for someone else.

"Alright then, you'll hear no complaint from me." Bill shrugs and wonders back into camp.

I look over my shoulder and see Mac shake his head. I give him a wink and turn my focus out along the tree line.

A few hours pass before Javier offers to take over for me. I want to decline but the smell of Pearson's stew is wafting through the air, making my stomach growl violently.

As I grab a bowl, I notice Mac smirking in victory from across the camp. Asshole.

"Hey Ivy." Karen catches my attention, Jenny following close behind her. "You busy?"

"No, why?"

"Jenny and I wanna pull off a girls only job, put those boys to shame. You in?" Karen grins at me.

Oh hell yes, she couldn't have asked at a better time. "Of course. What's the job?" 

"Well, Trelawny gave me a lead on an art gallery in Blackwater, some real expensive sculptures and paintings bein' auctioned off. Could be a lot of money and not too well guarded." Karen explains. "He said we can put 'art' of our own in and auction them off. He said he has stolen art pieces for us and disguises to look like artists and everything."

"Of course he does." I laugh.

"Well?" She presses.

"Let's mount up then." I wave her off toward the horses.