Chapter 9: Christmas Decorating, Ringing in 2014

Several weeks had passed and the Abby Lee Dance Company had been a more cohesive teem with Kalani on the team and the week after Thanksgiving, they traveled to Woodbridge, Virginia and that competition was Kalani's 1st as a member of the ALDC and there, Kalani and Antonio got 1st with their duet and they worked really great as Chloe and Maddie's duet got 2nd, Nia's solo didn't place and the girls got 1st. A week later in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the group got 1st again making it 8 wins in a row and for solos, Kalani got 1st and Chloe got 2nd in the pre-teen division as Mackenzie got 1st in the mini division. And in Detroit, Michigan the week after, it was the Maddie/Kalani/Chloe showdown as the group got their 9th win in a row as Kalani got 1st, Chloe got 2nd and Maddie got 3rd.

The day after the last competition, which is December 22 and it was also 3 days before Christmas, Antonio's favorite time of the year and at The Millers' duplex condo, the place was decorated with lights, a Christmas Tree that hasn't been decorated yet with presents under tree. Outside, it was snowing and in the living room, Abby and her son were watching Home Alone as the time was 6:25 PM.

"Did you remember to hide the eggnog?' Antonio asked Abby.

"I sure did as you know those moms'll go nuts over then, especially Christi and Kelly." Abby answered.

"Knowing them, they'll definitely go nuts over the eggnog, remember last year's Christmas Party?"

"Yeah, Christi and Kelly were big time drunk with the eggnog."

Then the sound of the doorbell ringing was heard

"That has to be Gianna, the moms and girls." Antonio predicted.

"Yeah." Abby agreed.

"Remember, we have a surprise gift for Mackenzie."

"Right."

Abby went to the door and it was Gianna, the moms and girls, who entered and a few minutes later in the kitchen, Gianna was with Brooke, Kalani, Nia and Maddie as they were ready to make Christmas Cookies.

"Before we begin, let's wash our hands" Gianna said and they washed their hands. "Now who's ready to make some Christmas Cookies?"

"Ready when you are, Gia." Maddie stated.

"Me as well." Brooke added.

"Count us in." Kalani and Nia said simultaneously.

"All righty, let's get the essentials out first, then we'll begin. Abby said they're in the upper cabinets." Gianna commented as she pulled out the things needed to make Christmas Cookies, which were sugar, flour, dough, butter, eggs, vanilla, baking powder an sprinkles. Also, there were Christmas Cookie Cutters in the shape of Santa Claus, Snowflakes, Reindeers, Snowmen and Christmas Trees.

"Can't wait to see how they'll look." Nia commented.

"Yeah." Maddie agreed.

"Bet they'll look nice." Brooke remarked.

"That they will, now let's begin with the dough." Gianna said as she, Brooke, Kalani, Nia and Maddie began to make the dough, taking 11 minutes, put other thins on and carefully cut the shapes out with the cookie cutters before placing them on a pan before Gianna put them in the oven, setting the timer to 10 minutes. "Once they're done, we'll let them cool down and start decorating them."

Meanwhile, in the living room, the moms were talking about their christmas shopping.

"Anyone do their christmas shopping?" Kelly asked.

"I did mine the day after Thanksgiving." Melissa replied.

"Me too." Christi added.

"Got mine done the week before Thanksgiving." Kira told them.

"I did as well. You know it'll be mayhem on the day after thanksgiving and Christmas Eve." Holly commented.

"You're right about that." Christi agreed.