Chapter 1

"Jade! Are you up?!" I heard my dad yell as I got ready for the day.

"I'm up! I'll be down in a second!" I yelled as I grabbed my things and went downstairs.

When I got downstairs, I met Dad at the table.

"Hey, sweetie... come here. I need to tell you something," he smiled, waving me over as I walked over to him. "Jade, I want you to listen to me very carefully, okay?"

"What is it?"

"Remember when I told you about my past job and people are looking for me?" he asked, making me nod.

"Yeah. You said it was because they wanted you and Dan to go back to being assassins," I replied, making him nod.

"Good. Well, they are after Dan and I. I am going to find them and what I want you to do is stay close to Dan until I get back. Understood?" he asked, making me nod.

"Okay, I gotta go get ready," he said, kissing me on the forehead. "You're going to sleep over at Dan's,"

TIME SKIP

When we got everything ready to go, we went over to Dan's.

"Jade?" I heard Kyle ask, as I turned to see Kyle. "What are you doing here?"

"My dad wanted me to sleepover tonight," I reply with a small smile.

"Hey, Dan. Can I speak to you alone for a second?" Dad asked Dan as Dan looked at him in curiosity.

"Yeah, man," Dan replied, as he and Dad went somewhere private.

Mrs. Morgan turned to look at me. "You can sleep in Nina's room for tonight," she smiled.

"What?" Nina explained. "Not happening," she rolled her eyes, before going upstairs to her room.

"It's alright, Mrs. Morgan," I smiled back at her. "I can just sleep on the couch,"

"Jade can sleep in my room," Kyle suggested with a small smile.

"No," Mrs. Morgan replied, shaking her head with a chuckle. "There's no way she's sleeping in your room,"

"Come on, Mom," Kyle added. "Where else will she sleep?"

Mrs. Morgan looked at Kyle and I for a second before sighing. "Fine,"

"Cool," Kyle smiled, turning towards me. "Come on, Jade,"

Kyle then grabbed my things and led me upstairs to his room.

When we got to his room, Kyle set my things down. "So, about the sleeping arrangements..."

"Don't worry," I interrupted with a knowing sigh. "I can just sleep on the floor,"

"What? No way..." Kyle responded, shaking his head. "You're our guest, you take the bed and I'll sleep on the floor,"

"Kyle... Don't argue with me. I'll take the floor. This is your room so you should sleep on your own bed," I replied, shaking my head.

"But—"

"I'll be fine, Kyle," I said, shaking my head. "Where do you keep the extra sheets?"

Kyle nervously looked at me but I gave him a look so he just shook his head with a knowing chuckle before leaving the room.

When he came back with the extra sheets, he placed them on the floor.

"Thanks," I smiled. "I can take it from here. You can go to Samir's now,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Kyle," I replied, smiling at you. "Now, go,"

Giving me a small smile back, he turns around and leaves the room.