Chapter 17

The morning after Derick and Mable's date; Heather, Astrid and Theo were sat in the living room of the Hofferson's home. Heather hadn't been feeling well recently and last night was the worst so far. "Feeling any better Heather?" Astrid asked which received a shaken head in response. "I threw up this morning quite badly" Heather stated, "I am not sure why but it's not good." Theo was sat in silence and had been since he had come down the stairs that morning. He had sat in silence through Astrid and Heather's conversation about how they thought Mable's night had gone. His mind was occupied elsewhere as he thought about Heather's recent behaviour. She had mood swings, morning sickness and fatigue. There was only one conclusion his mind could come to.

"Maybe you're pregnant" Theo thought out loud. Heather and Astrid looked at him shocked, then shared a look. They hadn't thought that but now that it had been mentioned, the symptoms did match. "It's possible, I should take a test" Heather thought to which Theo agreed. "I'll drive you to the pharmacy later to get the test" he said to her. Astrid sat in stunned silence at the possibility of Heather being pregnant, she wasn't even married yet. Not that Astrid was particularly bothered about someone having children before marriage. "I could be an aunty to soon" Astrid blurted out excitedly. The thought of possibly being an aunty to Heather's child was driving her mind now.

Before the conversation could be continued, Astrid's phone rang. "Morning Hayden" she greeted, "what's up?" Hayden took a second to respond, like he was in the middle of something. "Morning Astrid, can you do me a huge favour?" Astrid quickly agreed without even asking what the favour was. "Can you babysit Mia tonight?" he asked, "The team and I have to go out of town for a few hours with my parents." Astrid thought about it for a second, "yeah sure, we will happily entertain her. Will she need to stay over?" Hayden didn't answer her for a few seconds, "no, I'll pick her up but it won't be until late." Astrid's thoughts started running wild, this could be the perfect time to fully mend things with Hayden. "Alright I will say up to let you in." Hayden responded quickly to her, "thank you so much, I mean it." He then said good bye and hug up the phon.

"What did Hayden want?" Theo asked her. Astrid placed her phone back on the table before looking at her friends, "he wants us to babysit Mia tonight, he is going to drop her off later this afternoon." Heather and Theo shared a look and a silent conversation between them, "I'm happy to do that, Mia seems like a sweet kid" Heather said. Astrid smiled before elaborating, "she won't be staying over, Hayden will be picking her up later tonight so I'll stay up to make sure he can get in." Heather and Theo nodded before Theo added a thought to the arrangements, "what are we going to do for entertainment?" Astrid was suddenly worried, she hadn't thought about how to entertain her, "we have plenty of time to think about it. I'll have a think, see what I can come up with."

Before discussing it further, they were interrupted by Mable wondering downstairs in a slightly drunken haze. "Ah morning sleepy head, how was last night?" Heather teased the woman. Receiving a middle finger in response, Heather laughed as she watched Mable stumble into the kitchen to grab a coffee and aspirin. After a moment, she stumbled back into the living room with her coffee in hand. Placing the coffee on the table beside the chair, she sat back into the seat and sighed. "Morning guys" Mable finally said after sipping her coffee for a few seconds. Heather asked her question again now that Mable was somewhat awake, "well? How was the date with my brother?" Mable smiled, "it was absolutely amazing. We first had dinner with Jack and Elsa where I found out more about Simon's arrest. Then we spoke a little more, ate and then Derick and I stayed behind to drink and get to know each other better."

The mention of Simon's arrest piqued the interest of the three in front of her. "What did you find out?" Astrid asked out of curiosity. Mable smiled, "Hayden and his friends were at the house when Simon was arrested by Military Police. Her three friends shared a look with each other as Mable continued, "the Military Police tore the house apart to make sure that all classified material was removed from the house." Astrid stifled a giggle while Theo burst out laughing with Heather at the thought of the rich person's house getting torn apart. "That's not all" Mable continued, "Simon's contact who obtained him the file was also arrested. He is facing serious charges as he didn't have clearance for the file himself."