Chapter 15

Astrid and Hayden walked slowly back through the corridor, down the stairs and through another corridor before passing through the French doors. The pair stood on the stone balcony overlooking the garden as people milled about talking with each other. As Astrid could now remember, people would be making business deals and connections that they could use to further their ventures and opportunities. Other people would simply be catching up with each other like any other social event. "There our friends are, right where we left them" Hayden pointed to them by the drinks stand. Nodding, Astrid followed Hayden as he walked back down the stairs, picking up a drink from a waitress as they made their way back over.

"Hey guys, we are back" Astrid said cheerfully. The group turned to greet them, "Hey Asty" Heather greeted loudly before whispering in her ear, "everything ok?" Astrid nodded and rested a hand on her friend's shoulder as a sign of reassurance. "Hayden helped me remember our relationship and moments that I forgot" Astrid whisper explained to Heather. The best friend nodded before passing the message onto both Mable, Natalie and Theo. "So what did we miss?" Hayden asked curiously. "Apart from Dagur and Mable hitting on each other constantly, not much" Elsa said dejectedly. Hayden laughed while Heather asked confused, "why do you call him Dagur?" The team laughed as they shared a silent conversation.

"It all started when we were in training for Special Forces" Jack started. "Dagur here would always play with knives" Flynn continued. "He would be spinning them between his fingers all the time. Then one day he decided that we didn't think he could spin a throwing dagger between his fingers" Chris stated. Heather looked at her brother, seeing the embarrassment written all over his face. "So naturally he started spinning it and then it dropped out his fingers and cut his arm" Hayden managed to get out between laughs. Dagur put his finger up to all of them, "that fucking hurt but that's how the nickname was born."

The group was laughing at the story of Derick's antics. From what little information Heather had told them, they knew he always had a wild out of control nature about him. So it didn't surprise them much that he would be doing something as crazy as this. Heather looked at Mable and was shocked to see that she seemed more turned on by the story than surprised that it had happened. Astrid appeared to have picked up on this too as she had nudged her and then nodded her head to the pair. It was clear that both Dagur and Mable were attracted to each other which wouldn't surprise anyone. Due to her profession, Mable was both used to and drawn to danger as it excited her in a way no other activity did.

Astrid and Heather were not the only ones that had noticed the attraction as Elsa suddenly offered, "Jack and I have an extra two spaces on our table tomorrow as his parents can't make it." She then looked at both Dagur and Mable, "why don't you join us for dinner?" Mable and Dagur shared a look as if trying to come up with excuses. Before either could formulate one, Heather chimed in, "excellent idea. That sounds lovely." Mable glared at her friend who simply shrugged while Dagur looked to his friends for help. His friend simply stuck their thumbs up in encouragement. He sighed, "sure, how about it Mable?" The woman turned to look at him and then nodded saying, "sure, sounds like fun."

With that settled, the group dispersed a little with Elsa, Anna, Chris, Jack and Dagur heading off to mingle with some more guests. Flynn and Rapunzel strolled off to speak with the mayor about something. This dispersal left Hayden, Theo, Heather, Mable, Astrid and Natalie standing by the table. "Isn't Derick nice Mable" teased Natalie. Heather and Astrid giggled while Theo and Hayden simply shared a look of bemusement. "Regardless, Astrid" Mable addressed, "it's good to know that you have most of your memories back." Astrid smiled as she secretly glanced at Hayden, "yeah it's nice. Speaking of, why are you still here Hayden? You used to hat these things" she questioned. The man shrugged a response before actually giving an answer, "since Mia, things have changed. She loves these events."