Chapter 18

Two days later, Astrid received a text from her parents while she was out with Mable and Natalie. The message from her parents caused her eyebrows to raise, "Berkley High is throwing a high school reunion tonight. Are you going to go?" Not once, had Astrid ever thought about going to the 10 year reunion of Berkley High but recently, with how things had changed in her life, she was wondering if she should go. With that thought in mind, Astrid quickly fired a text to Hayden asking if he was going before she continued her perusal of the items on the shelf in front of her. A few moments later, a text came back from Hayden letting her know that he was and would pick her up if she wanted.

After thinking for a few moments, she replied in the positive letting him know that she would take the lift. Astrid smiled as she continued her shopping, buying several Christmas presents before meeting back up with Mable and Natalie who had also been shopping. "Did you get everything?" Mable queried her friend. "Yep, and I'm also going to a reunion tonight at my high school" Astrid replied with a smile as she showed the girls what gifts she bought. "Oh that's beautiful" Natalie commented on the items what she had purchased. Mable agreed as she inspected the presents, "I really like the presents, I'm glad that none of them are for me otherwise that surprise would have been ruined."

Several hours later found Astrid getting ready for her high school reunion. She had no idea what she wanted to wear but she had three options laid out on the bed. An Azure blue dress, a black evening gown and a red knee high dress. Astrid knew what footwear she was going to wear and what jewellery was going to go with it. What she didn't have currently, was the actual outfit. All three outfits worked with her footwear and jewellery but what she wasn't sure of, was how she wanted to come across. On one hand, she wanted to make a good impression on everyone there tonight but she also subconsciously wanted to look good for Hayden.

Astrid looked at the outfits before her and made her decision, the black evening gown. Her black evening gown is a form fitting dress that hugs her every curve. She spent the next hour putting on the dress, shoes, jewellery and make up. The dress currently hugging her curves went to just above her ankles with a slit going all the way up her right leg, allowing her leg to show. Astrid had her hair done in an elegant braid over her left shoulder, making sure her azure blue pendant from the necklace was entered above her breasts. With everything in place, she made her way downstairs to wait for Hayden to arrive.

Upon arriving downstairs, Astrid found her friends in the living room watching a program on the TV. As she stood at the door to the living room, she cleared her throat to get the attention of her friends who turned to face her. "Oh my god" Heather gushed. "You look absolutely stunning" Mable stated as she eyed up Astrid. "Who are you dressing up for?" Natalie enquired. "For Hayden obviously" Theo answered which caused Astrid's cheeks to heat up, "and I can see with confidence that he won't be able to keep his eyes off you." That last comment from Theo made her blush even more as she thought about Hayden's eyes wondering up and down her body.

Before anyone could say anything further, the doorbell rang, alerting everyone that they had a guest. Heather jumped up to go answer the door for Astrid. Opening the door, she found Hayden standing before her, "hey Heather, is Astrid ready?" he asked. Heather didn't even have to answer before Astrid's voice sounded from behind her, "hello Hayden, I'm ready if you are." Hayden's eyes widened as he took in the sight of Astrid, "you look amazing Astrid" he complimented after taking in the sight of her. His eyes took in every inch of her, the dress, the hair, the jewellery, all of it reminded him of when he dated her years earlier.

Heather bid the two goodbye and closed the door behind them as Hayden led Astrid by the arm to his car. To her surprise, it wasn't the odd 4x4 that she had seen previously, instead it was a black 2021 Nissan GT-R that he helped Astrid into. Sitting in the driver's side, he started the car before driving towards their high school. "Jack is going to meet us at the car park outside the school." Hayden commented as he drove them. "When did you get this? I thought you would have picked me up in the 4x4" Astrid giggled her question. Hayden laughed, "I use that to get up the mountain, and I use this when I want to chill."