chapter 001: apartment 20

╔══════╗

❝JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T TRY TO TALK OR GET WITH HER, OKAY?❞

JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T TRY TO TALK OR GET WITH HER, OKAY?

╚══════╝

IT WAS THE MOMENT HE WALKED THROUGH THE GATES

Your heart stopped in an instant. Who was this boy? I mean— there was a rumor someone was moving into apartment twenty, but you don't believe anything 'till you see it.

And you're seeing it.

However, your brief daydream of the brunette was quickly cut off when you glanced over to the familiar face walking beside him. That causes you to groan, an eye roll going along with your irritation.

You lick your lips as you continue to watch the conversation go back and forth between the two guys. Freddy helps the guy with his bike up the stairs, and that's when he finally notices you.

"Oh— [Y/N]." He said in a shocked manner, having you quirk an eyebrow in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

You huff before crossing your arms. "What do you mean, 'what am I doing here' I live here." You dart your eyes to the boy next to him one last time before proceeding. "Anyway, I was just curious about the new guy."

In the hope of him finally speaking to you, he even reaches his hand out. "Daniel. I'm Daniel— Daniel LaRusso," he tells and you shake his hand with a small smile. "You're a friend of Freddy?"

"More like ex-girlfriend," Freddy answers for you.

Awkward.

It took everything in you to not start a problem right then and there— and the way Freddy answered that assumption was showing offense. You should be the one offended.

"Oh..." Daniel manages to mutter. At a glance, you nod at Daniel with a smile to show it is fine.

And with that, Daniel and Freddy walk past you as they carry on with whatever they were doing. You figured you should go back inside anyway. Stealing a glance once more, you smile whilst wondering how the new boy in town would manage here.

"Trust me when I say stay away from her," Freddy tries to warn. "She's no good news."

Daniel laughs, running fingers through his hair before resting his standing body against the front door. "I don't know man... she looks friendly."

Freddy scoffs, "Nah. Complete opposite of that. Just promise me you won't try to talk or get with her, okay?"

Daniel looked a bit hesitant. A faint tint of pink covered his face but the sweat from carrying the bike up the stairs perfectly covered it. He bites the inside of his lip, trailing his eyes to where he last saw you stand.

"Okay."