chapter 025: new beginning, same story

╔══════╗

❝JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T TRY TO TALK OR GET WITH HIM, OKAY?❞╚══════╝

JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T TRY TO TALK OR GET WITH HIM, OKAY?
╚══════╝

❝JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T TRY TO TALK OR GET WITH HIM, OKAY?❞╚══════╝

"THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

You take hold of Daniel's arm, pulling him inside your home before slamming the door. "How long were you out there? You could've gotten sick!"

Daniel's breathing was heavy, his chest heaving up and down with every huff. You continued your short rant as LaRusso couldn't give two shits—he was focused on something more meaningful rather than you calling him stupid five times in the same sentence.

His soaked hair dripped onto your carpet, leaving small wet stains on the floor. He wets his lips before purposely cutting you off. "[Y/N]—[Y/N]!" He calls, causing you to freeze and look at the boy confused.

You lift your eyebrow curiously, but also in a way to tell Daniel you were waiting for him to continue. And with that, he clears his throat nervously, beginning to speak. "These are for you." His hands filled with a bouquet reach out toward you.

Sending him a glance of suspicion, you hesitantly take the flowers, eyes flickering up and down at your boyfriend. All of a sudden, you realize why he's here.

To apologize.

Maybe he did not not run after you—but he left you to walk a mile home by yourself, gave you enough time to take a shower, and put pajamas on. A part of you wanted to remove the anger you had towards him, however, it wasn't that simple.

A bouquet isn't going to change what he said. Daniel was eyeing your complexion, anticipating you to say something. Anything.

"Why are you here?" Your tone was cold, setting the flowers on the coffee table beside you before crossing your arms.

You watch his eyebrows raise when he realizes you're still as mad at him as before.

"I uh... wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for leaving you like that and getting jealous," He travels his hand to his nose to scratch it, "I was pissed. I didn't mean to say those things about you."