chapter 022: Crane Kick

╔══════╗

❝NO MERCY

NO MERCY.
╚══════╝

"I'LL INFORM THE JUDGES

"I'LL INFORM THE JUDGES. YOU DID GOOD OUT THERE, YOUNG MAN."

The medic leaves the room, which leaves you, Ms. LaRusso, Mr. Miyagi, and of course Daniel. Daniel laid on a table, sweat dripping down his forehead partially from the pain and mostly from the fighting. "Damn it!" He whisper-yells as he slams his hand against the table.

Lucille runs her fingers through her son's hair, giving him a sympathetic smile. "Honey, forget about it. You did great," she assured, "I couldn't be prouder. It was just bad luck."

"Daniel, you would have won if they hadn't cheated," you chimed in. You weren't fully able to understand how Daniel must've felt. He was so close to winning if it wasn't for Bobby.

Luckily, the boy had gotten disqualified—but that also meant Daniel would immediately go against Johnny afterward. Only if he's feeling better.

"Just leave me alone for a minute, okay?" Daniel asks, the tone in his voice slightly raspy. You frown yet you and Lucille accept his wishes. Miyagi also begins to vacate the room, however Daniel's sudden voice stops him. "Uh—Mr. Miyagi," he piped up, heavily breathing.

"Hm?" Miyagi curiously hums, turning back to face Daniel.

"You think I had a chance at winning?"

"Win, lose, no matter."

"That's not what I mean."

Miyagi's sight fixated on Daniel, leaning closer to him. "Hey. Had good chance."

Daniel paused for a brief second, furrowing his brows as deep lines etched in between the eyebrows and across the forehead. "Well, can you fix my leg, I mean, with that thing you do?" He inquires.

"No need fight anymore. You prove point," The man shook his head before Daniel scoffed immediately after.

"What point? That I can take a beating?" Daniel snaps. "I mean— every time I see those guys, they're gonna know they got the best of me! I'll never have balance that way. Not with them, not with [Y/N]." LaRusso closes his eyes as he sighs, rolling his head back forward to look at the ceiling. "Not with me."