Chapter 12: On the Road To Asgard

So this is the basic starting point of the chapter that will be continued after my hiatus.

Now this is just meant to serve anyone that wants a summary of what happened after the content warning. It also serves to set up the next arc.

If you have any questions about what happened I am more than willing to talk about it.

The status will be revealed to the adults and the kids in  the next chapter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On the road to Asgard the children barely speak to any of the adults and merely huddled together as though seeking solace in each other's presence. The children are huddled together trying to process what has happened to them.

Bell's Perspective

Damn it, how could I let this happen?

I got a falna and am STILL WEAK. I couldn't protect anyone.

Neither Alice, Aki, nor Aki's parents. Why am I so weak?

I need to get stronger. Stronger than anyone. I never want to lose anything again.

I never want anyone to go through what me and Alice have been through.

The pain, the anguish—it's a constant reminder of my own inadequacy.

I never want people to lose their homes to monsters or bandits again.

I need to get stronger. I want to be like Auntie.

Her strength, her resolve. I want to be strong enough to protect the people I care about.

I want to protect people. I want people to look to me with trust and hope.

But how can they when I cannot even protect those closest to me?

NO. That is the wrong way to think about it. I WILL GET STRONGER.

No more whining, no more complaining. I will never let anything be taken from me again.

I hate feeling this regret, so I will get strong enough that I never have to go through this again.

I don't want to be the one in need of protection.

I failed today. I won't fail again. I'll train harder.

I won't falter ever again.

I REFUSE to lose anything precious to me ever again.

I won't let anything get in my way. I will protect Alice and Aki. I have a falna for a reason. I will achieve my goals. I will make sure that no one ever has to suffer the losses like me and Alice. These are not mere words—they are a vow, a promise sworn upon the altar of my own self-loathing.

A falna is a gift from deity to allow a mortal to make their desires manifest. To allow them to achieve their desires. The abilities of those with a falna can surpass even the expectations of the god. If a will is strong enough, it can force the falna to respond to the mortal's desire.

In that moment, all the anger, fury, and helplessness that Bell harbored, both at himself and the world at large, manifested in the form of two skills, whose existence would shake the very world itself if they were to be made known.

The first skill, a manifestation of raw power. It was the manifestation of all of Bell's rage, indignation, burning desire to overcome my own weaknesses.