Chapter Four

Authors Note: Dark content ahead. Sibling abuse, verbal abuse, violence, sexual abuse talk and actions.

Conversations in this chapter can be very triggering. NONE of this is glorified. If you'd like to skip this chapter, you can. This will not affect anything, other than understanding what Arthur has done to Emmaline.

Please proceed with caution.

These conversations may include direct actions or references of actions that have happened.

Emmaline's childhood with her brothers and parents is the reason for how Emmaline is now.

Some scenes were taken from my own personal things I've experienced in life.

.
.

Be kind in the comments, should you choose to leave some. Not for me, but for others who may have experienced these things.

If you need a listening ear, my pms are always open :)

--------

"And what's worse, I think you cursed me the same

"And what's worse, I think you cursed me the same."

The Great Hall buzzed with the usual chatter of students' voices and the clattering of silverware against plates. However, amidst the vibrant atmosphere, a palpable tension lingered in the air around the Slytherin table. It had been a week since Regulus and Sirius had their conversation, and in the same amount of time, how long Emmaline had ignored Regulus's advances to have a conversation.

Emmaline sat with an unfamiliar detachment. Her usual inviting presence was casted into an air of indifference as she toyed with the food in front of her. The bronze glow of her hair cascaded down the side of her that was facing Regulus, making a barrier of where he sat next to her. Her brother and best friend sat across from her while Henry occupied the other side of Emmaline and Severus the other side of him.

Emmaline had a lot of her emotions hidden behind her mask. A mask that had grown on her since her younger years. Since the first night of shame and embarrassment she had experienced at the hands of her own family.

Slowly, as time went on, she allowed some people behind her mask. They were able to see and experience her joy and laughter. But never did she allow anyone to see her anguish.  To see how heavy her heart was compared to the bitterness of wanting her family to accept and love her. No one until Sirius Black.

His name sat bitter on her tongue as she thought about it now. They were only ten when their parents told them about their future together. It wasn't long after that did Emmaline notice Sirius being more aggressive with her brothers. Sirius had noticed and vowed to stay as close as possible with her until they became of age.

The sound of a distant voice calling her name pulled Emmaline out of her thoughts, finding herself present once again at the table. Evelyn and Perseus looked at her with concern, but she avoided them, once again hearing her name be called out.