Chapter 32- I'm sorry

On Monday morning, test began and they shared the papers. This time Zoey sat at the back five seats away from Klaus. It was English they had and biology.

Zoey started writing when the paper reached her table. She was really good at English, so the questions were easy peasy for her.

After a whole hour, Zoey stood up and submitted. She turned and met Klaus again. Why does he always submits after? He walked past her and submitted before leaving the class. Zoey watched him leave.

"Don't get me wrong but don't you think you guys are overdoing it?" Natalie asked.

"What do you mean?" Zoey asked.

"You don't even speak to each other again. Come on, go speak to him" Natalie said and Zoey shook her head.

"He's the cause"  Zoey said.

"Yeah yeah, but still, try to talk with him. The semester is almost over and to go on a break this way isn't nice" Natalie said.

"I know" Zoey said. "but I can't help it. He even looks mad at me"

"I have an idea. He won't have much time this week because of the tests. So how about after the test, you visit him at his home and you know?" Natalie said and Zoey nodded slowly liking the idea.

~•~

Throughout the week, Zoey has been dealing with seeing Klaus from distances without speaking to him. She liked the fact that he and Lana didn't hang out much as they did before. He was mostly alone at times or with Stephen or Mj.

It was their last test for this semester and their last paper today and it was mathematics.

Zoey solved quickly as they only gave them fifty minutes.

The questions were quite easy for her cause she studied all night.

"Done" Austin said and got up to submit making everyone surprised.

"Good Austin" Mrs Donna smiled as he submitted and left the class.

After a very tough time, Zoey got up, sure of her answers and walked to the teacher. She submitted and turned and saw Klaus on his table still solving. She wondered if she was too quick. What if she made mistakes? 
She shook her head and just left the class. She met Natalie and Mirabel at the corridor rejoicing that they were done with test.

"Guys exams are still on the way, this is just test" Zoey said.

"Whatever, the last test for this semester" Mirabel said excitedly.

They were talking when Klaus suddenly passed them making Zoey look at him.

Mirabel and Natalie just looked at her.

"Go speak with him" Natalie said and Zoey nodded before walking slowly to his locker. She was getting courage and determination but it quickly died when she saw Lana walking to him. She stopped in her tracks and watched Lana hug him.

Zoey sighed before turning back.

"I'm sorry, maybe next time" Natalie said.

~•~

I

t was Friday and normally they would party all night after any academic test or exams.