Chapter 41: Valentine

The bell rang for lunch and everyone left the classes. Zoey opened her locker to drop her books when she closed it and sighted Lana giving Klaus a paper before walking away.

Klaus opened the folded paper and read it before scoffing.

Zoey sighed before quickly walking towards him.

"Hey" Zoey said making him raise his head from the paper and look at Zoey.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"You did absolutely well during maths today" she said and he just nodded.

"What's that?" She asked looking at the paper he held.

"Oh, this" he said looking at the paper before Zoey collected it immediately.

"Dear Klaus, I know it might sound weird. I just wanted to ask you about what we discussed earlier. You know, the-" she couldn't finish it till Klaus snatched it back from her.

"What?" Zoey asked looking at him.

"She would be mad if you read it" he said putting it in his pocket.

"Oh come on, what did she say?" She asked.

"Why're you so desperate to know?" He asked.

"I just wanna know" she said.

"It's just about valentine's day and stuff. Nothing much" he said before closing his locker.

Zoey remained quiet for a bit and wanted to talk but was interrupted by him.

"Remember you promised not to whine about i and Lana again?" He asked and she chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, I do. I just wanna know your answer to her-"

"It's a no" he said without hesitation.

"Why?" Zoey said trying to hide her excitement.

"Because I'm not interested" he said simply before leaving. Zoey turned and saw him walk over to Lana who was speaking to someone.

Zoey turned back and left.

"He rejected her doesn't mean he won't ask you" Natalie said as she and Zoey ate in the class alone.

"I hope so. But what if he doesn't?" She asked.

"Be confident. He will. If not now, tonight or when you're home or something" Natalie said and Zoey was quiet. She imagined what it was to be his val.

"I have a val" Natalie said and Zoey raise d her brows.

"Really? Who's it?" She asked.

"Freddie" she said and Zoey clapped lightly.

"Congrats" Zoey said smiling.

"Thank you" Natalie said just before Lana stepped into the class. Zoey faced the door so she saw her first.

"There you are" Lana said coming over to Zoey's table.

"What's up?" Zoey asked before Lana instantly pushed her table away from her chair. Zoey looked at her table then at Lana.

"What did you tell Klaus?" Lana asked.

"What do you mean? I don't understand" Zoey masked in confusion.

"I fucking had him so why did he reject me?" She asked and Natalie chuckled.

"This is not funny at all. I saw you talk to him few minutes before he spoke to him. So what did you tell him-"

"Chill" Zoey said before getting up and closing her food.

Lana instantly pushed Zoey to face her, holding her by the arm.