Chapter 63: So past Curfew time

Three junior boys came to Michael who stood beneath the stairs.

"We're done" one of them said and Michael nodded.

"Good" he said and he gave the boy an envelope.

"Just one assignment and we're done" he said and they nodded before leaving.

It was closing time and Mr Chris stepped out of the staff office in a hurry as he was pressed.

Michael held a lot of books as he waited for Mr Chris.

When Chris passed, Michael quickly followed him.

"Sir. Sir. I'm done collecting the projects for the Chem club" he said and Chris nodded trying to walk fast but Michael still kept up with him.

"Sir, here. My mom is waiting at the garage. I have to go home now" he said and Chris sighed.

"Give it to someone else at the club" Chris said.

"Oh there is Klaus. Give it to him" Michael said giving him the books before leaving.

Klaus was at his locker preparing to go home when Mr chris came.

"Hey, Michealson" Chris said and Klaus looked at him.

"Here, take this to the lab and keep it. Return the key to me at the staff office" he said quickly before walking away.

Klaus looked at Chris before staring at the books on his hands.

"Fucking errands" he said as he closed his locker and walked downstairs.

There weren't any people around again cause everyone went home.

Klaus walked downstairs to the second floor where the chemistry lab was. He instantly hit a boy making the books fall down.

"I'm sorry" the boy said touching Klaus all over.

"It's fine. it's fine" Klaus said and the boy bent over to pick the books. He gave Klaus the book and Klaus left.

The boy looked as he left before smirking.

Klaus put the key in the door and unlocked it before opening it.

He sighed and entered in. He dropped the books on the table as he looked around. He sighted the shelve and walked to it. He arranged it and looked to see if he kept them well before he began perceiving something.

He looked around as he tried detecting the smell. It smelt like smoke. He scrunched his nose trying to get where the smoke came from.

He suddenly flinched when he heard the door close. He looked at the door and realized it was the wind but then he heard the door lock from the other side. He furrowed his brows still looking at the door. Just then he heard footsteps running away. He looked at the window and saw three boys running and laughing.

"No no no" he said as he ran to the door.

"Open up" he knocked continuously but no one opened. He looked behind and put his hand in his pocket but paused. He remembered putting his phone in his pocket before coming here. He touched his other pockets but it wasn't there.

"What?" He asked as he looked at the table but it wasn't there.

Klaus heart beat quickly as he began seeing the smoke rise up to the ceiling. It completely filled the room.

He coughed and covered his nose and just then a loud blowing sound shot up making him flinch and fall on the floor. He breathed heavily as he looked around. He feared that a fire would shoot up at any time.